• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Lump on 13 week cockatiel’s beak

masterg174

Moving in
Hi, my 13 week old cockatiel has a small lump on one side of his beak.

Is this something to be concerned about?

At first I thought it might be a seed but it’s not that and I don’t think he likes me touching it to examine it (I suspect it’s somewhat painful).

I am not sure if it might be a scab as he loves to fly and has hit into the window/sliding door a few times but he’s never hit this very hard and I don’t recall seeing any blood.

894A5504-9C62-41B0-B639-E6685A436606.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
How long has it been there? Has he bathed since its been there?
What is his diet?

masterg174

Moving in
How long has it been there? Has he bathed since its been there?
What is his diet?
I only noticed it a few days ago.

I haven’t sprayed him with a water spray in a few weeks but he has played and dunked his head in his bottom water dish/bath and he regularly preens himself.

His diet consists of pellets, some small amount of trill (Although I am trying to ween him off seed only diet), crumbles (which as a young cockatiel he finds easier to eat) and every day I give him defrosted peas, carrots, beans and corn.

He’s very energetic and doesn’t seem bothered by the lump but I am just a bit concerned. Maybe I should take him to the vet for a checkup to make sure it’s nothing serious.