• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lucky Meets Petey.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
....and then flies at Petey to ATTACK her!!

We thought Lucky might want to meet Petey since Lucy is always clamoring over to the cage sides and looked like he was admiring her when Petey is out. So we took them both out and moved into the bedroom and put them on the bed so no one would see it as their territory. Petey was a little hesitant but started to approach Lucky as Lucky also approached.....then he flew at her to ATTACK. :scared3: Don't worry, there were no injuries and he barely touched her before he was swept off and removed from the situation. We knew it could be a possibility with two birds meeting, so we were ready.

But holy crap, I knew lovebirds could be aggressive but he always looked like he was genuinely interested in meeting her.... guess not. :shrug:

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
Sounds like my lutino, Eva...she is interested in meeting the others also, to kill them. She cant come out for playtime because she doesnt play nice. She tries to take over thier cage, first the food. Then bullies them in thier own cage, chases them around the kitchen...she has playtime with us now. I wish she could be good...

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I know the feeling....I've been completely unlucky in my birdies getting along! My only ones that have a peaceful relationship are the budgies, and I'd be REALLY worried if the sociable, happy-go-lucky budgies had issues. The biger guys, however, need to alternate when they come out. :rolleyes:

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
I know how you feel!!! Kinda. My bigger guys can be out at the same time but not near each other. Otherwise they go for the throat!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am glad you were right there ready my birds need different times as well

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I know how you feel!!! Kinda. My bigger guys can be out at the same time but not near each other. Otherwise they go for the throat!
I'm guessing their not flighted since that works out for you? I can't imagine flighted guys sticking to their respective corners lol

For once, I just want birdies who can get along!! :rolleyes:

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
Actually, they were all clipped but are growing their flights out now. They all have seperate playgyms and are content to stay, play, and eat. lol

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Wow, you're lucky then! I can't get anyone to sit still and play. Only Tango since he hasn't grown his wings back since he last plucked...and even then he climbs down to the floor and walks around.

Status
Not open for further replies.