• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovie health question

kislanya

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
I just got a new lovebird he is supposed to be around 10,previous owners had been letting him pretty much nonstop hump and feed his toys,when I got him all his toys were completely covered and I watched him spend 10 minutes feeding his toys nonstop.
He is super active talkative and really happy and friendly.
He is however underweight,could he be malnourished from feeding his toys obsessively.
I took all his old toys away and moved him into a huge flight cage so far the feeding issue hasn't resurfaced as I think now he has more to do,see and interact with.
I'm trying to do what's best for him as he is absolutely lovely!
Once his quarantine is over he will get to live in the bird room with my other 2 lovies and I hope that will help him be happier and not lonely.
Any advice would be appreciated
Pic of him and the cage he lived in for 10 years :( and yes those are the only perches that he had:(

Attachments

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I don't have any advice, but that previous cage is so sad :( you've done a great thing by taking him in.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's so cute. That's wonderful that you've adopted him and upgraded his cage. Hopefully now he'll be less focused on feeding his toys and be able to gain some weight.