• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovey Is Sorely Missed

Kathryn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kathryn
My daughter got this bird 3 years ago. The pet shop person hurt her when trying to catch her so she could never really fly right. She was my daughter's beloved bird. She took her everywhere. She loved her as only a 9 year old child could. She was playing one day with her and forgot she was on her bed and accidentally sat on her ending her life. She has cried over this loss every single night when she goes to bed. She misses her so much. The loss of her beautiful squeaks has tormented me, the loss of seeing her in her cage in the morning, or on my little girl's shoulder has made me cry. Lovey was a beautiful female and she was beloved to us. I knew I loved her but ever since she passed away I have realized how much I loved my daughter's bird. It is so hard to see my daughter cry every day over the loss. I know it will lessen in time but some comforting words would be helpful. We got a new lovebird and this was supposed to help my daughter's heart heal some. It has not helped too much. I know in time it will be better but seeing the pain in my daughter's eyes over the loss of her bird tears me apart.

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful tiel.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss.:sorrow: How heartbreaking for all of you. I hope your daughter feels better soon, and that the new bird can help ease the pain. :sadhug2:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m very sorry for your loss, More so, I´m sorry your daughter is going through this. Quite the tough time for such a young person.
I wish I had advice but I don´t.
Maybe you could paint stones together, and place them in the garden under a tree. Make it into a place she can go and remember her lovely bird?
I hope you are able to find a way to move forward :hug9:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so very sorry for your loss

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
My daughter lost a kitten by leaving the door open to the outdoors accidently. The kitten was killed and I knew she'd suffer for years with guilt if she knew she was to blame, so I said I did it.
Your daughter must be feeling such guilt. I'm not really sure how you could alleviate it, but that guilt is making her pain so much more intense.
Praying she finds a way to heal. Accidents happen no matter how hard we try.
I'm so sorry your family has lost your bird. :(

Kathryn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kathryn
I´m very sorry for your loss, More so, I´m sorry your daughter is going through this. Quite the tough time for such a young person.
I wish I had advice but I don´t.
Maybe you could paint stones together, and place them in the garden under a tree. Make it into a place she can go and remember her lovely bird?
I hope you are able to find a way to move forward :hug9:
Yes, I know. It is compounded because she actually caused it. I wish I had done it, just so I could take her pain away. They say children are resilient but I am not seeing that and I am so upset for her. I keep telling her it was an accident, and Lovey has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge and she can fly normal with all the other birds. Hoping this can giver her some comfort, and just being there to hold her when she cries(which always makes me cry too). I like the painting stones idea. We will definitely do that. We will move forward, I know this but it is so hard sometimes. Thanks for your condolences. I really appreciate that.

Kathryn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kathryn
My daughter lost a kitten by leaving the door open to the outdoors accidently. The kitten was killed and I knew she'd suffer for years with guilt if she knew she was to blame, so I said I did it.
Your daughter must be feeling such guilt. I'm not really sure how you could alleviate it, but that guilt is making her pain so much more intense.
Praying she finds a way to heal. Accidents happen no matter how hard we try.
I'm so sorry your family has lost your bird. :(
Yes her guilt is what is making it worse. She really loved her bird. I mean really loved her. She talked about her, took her everywhere with her, really spent a lot of time with her. She was the only one that Lovey was tame to. Lovey always tried to bite me. I wish I could say I did it, but I can't. She brought me her bird and I had to watch Lovey die feeling so helpless that I could do nothing for her except to usher her home in my hands stroking her feathers and telling her we love her. It was the most terrible thing to experience. I told her it was an accident and these things happen sometimes. This brings her no comfort. I know she will feel better eventually, I just hate to see her so upset. My hugs will not fix this. I hate that. My hugs and love have always fixed it for her before, but not this time. Thanks for responding, I really appreciate your kind words, truly I do.

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
Hi. I'm so sorry for the loss of your little girl's bird. I have been in a similar situation and still have guilt over the loss of my beloved parrot. I would say your daughter will have guilt for a while but it will ease as time goes by. She could make a special box with a photo, bird's toys etc or maybe plant something in the garden to honour yr little bird. Please tell your little girl that her bird was very lucky to have had her to love him(as you know, so many birds live unhappy lives) Tell her that I hope her little bird is keeping my Mr Jingles company at Rainbow Bridge. There are pet loss books out there (I usually order from Amazon) There are books especially written for children which may help. My thoughts are with you both xx

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
Hi. There are some good books, which are available on Amazon, to help children cope with loss.
Always and Forever by Deb Gliori.
My Pet Memory Book. This looks really good. Children can write about memories of their pet, funny things they did etc.
The Invisible String.

All three books have really good reviews, all are under £10.
Hope this may help.