• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebirds eggs

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That egg looks fertile to me. Red/orange with veins and an embryo. The air sac looks a little large. How old is this egg?

@Mockinbirdiva @mythic55 ?

Last edited:

mythic55

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Depends on how old it is?
It is/was definitely fertile- there is some 'spidering'. However, with that solid ring- sometimes the embryo passes away and the blood pulls away instead of veins it is a red 'ring'.. which is likely the case. But it could be the lighting, the photo, hard to tell sometimes over the interwebs.

Swontavia

Meeting neighbors
Then fertile sounds very unlikely. An egg laid on the 31st would hatch in 6 days.
She had 5 eggs the first one i noticed was layed on the 31 the others are infertile so i don’t know which eggs this is

Swontavia

Meeting neighbors
Depends on how old it is?
It is/was definitely fertile- there is some 'spidering'. However, with that solid ring- sometimes the embryo passes away and the blood pulls away instead of veins it is a red 'ring'.. which is likely the case. But it could be the lighting, the photo, hard to tell sometimes over the interwebs.
When i was taking the photo it was definitely moving around in there

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
leave the egg with your hen and wait. Maybe you got the dates wrong and it is newer than you seem to think :)

Swontavia

Meeting neighbors
leave the egg with your hen and wait. Maybe you got the dates wrong and it is newer than you seem to think :)
Thank you for taking the time to help me out i love watching my birds raise their little ones i started looking at pictures of blood rings and got scared for the little one I’m so glad i joined this forum ☺

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Incubation Time

On average, lovebirds incubate their eggs for about 23 days. This can vary by a couple of days in either direction. When attempting to calculate future hatch dates, always count forward from the day that you notice the hen begins to sit on the eggs. Sometimes the hen won't sit until all the eggs of a clutch have been laid, and they all need equal incubation time.

Phocyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
Your egg is good. My two babies looked just like that. I have two more pending eggs.