• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebirds “potential” nest

Zblurt

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jules Simoneau
I don’t know if this is the correct place to ask this, but I have a question regarding my lovebirds. So I’ve bought a hammock for my two lovebirds and they seem to spend more and more time in it. They seem to love it a lot and I was wondering if it could serve as a nest (it’s about 16 cm wide, 22 cm long and 23 cm high). Rico destroyed a bit of the interior and left it on the ground of the hammock. I don’t know their age, so I don’t know if they can breed yet. But if they do make eggs, what should I do? (Sorry if my english isn’t perfect).

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That does sound like they are perceiving it as a nest. I would remove it.

Reactions: tka

Zblurt

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jules Simoneau
That does sound like they are perceiving it as a nest. I would remove it.
So I’ve removed it, but I found an old nesting cage that I did when I was younger. It’s supposed to for tree swallows so there’s changes to be made, but could it work? It’s about 26 cm tall, 17.5 cm long and 12.5 cm wide.
79056703-BCA4-48DF-A9C5-2067393D421A.jpeg A9EAC2BD-F532-46F8-A9C6-81BB7C81A75C.jpeg 3352A62C-CA8B-4781-8153-74478243E36B.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
but could it work?
Could it work for what?

If you are looking for a “bed” for your birds, they love a nice natural branch to roost on.

Zblurt

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jules Simoneau
Could it work for what?

If you are looking for a “bed” for your birds, they love a nice natural branch to roost on.
Thanks for letting me know

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Are you wanting to breed them ?

if not I wouldn’t put anything in cage or out of cage that would be taken for a nest I had a sea grass hammock for pico and it caused nothing to hormonal behaviour I removed it best thing to sleep on is a natural branch they don’t need nest unless breeding