• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Lovebird urine is green

Chiara

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello, I’m new to this forum. I’m not English so sorry if there are mistakes. I need help.

I have two lovebirds, Jo and Noah.
Jo’s urine is green since yesterday, I’m really worried. Noah’s droppings are okay.
I’m on vacation and there isn’t an avian vet in this area. I don’t know what to do, I’m afraid that it could be something serious. I will be back from vacation in 2 weeks.
The closest vet is 100 miles away. I’m here with my parents and they don’t care about Jo so they don’t want to take her to the vet.
I feed her mainly with seeds, but she eats vegetables too (She usually eats apples, celery and rarely salad and carrots).
I’ve read about many parrots that suffer from liver diseases so they have green urine and this really scares me.

I’ll provide you a picture, please tell me if you think her droppings are abnormal too and if it could be something serious.

upload_2019-7-18_13-3-6.jpeg

Thank you in advance

Attachments

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It looks like she's either eaten or chewed on something stained green and it's just leeching from her faeces. Notice the identical colours.
Anything in her food/cage the same shade of green?

Chiara

Checking out the neighborhood
It looks like she's either eaten or chewed on something stained green and it's just leeching from her faeces. Notice the identical colours.
Anything in her food/cage the same shade of green?

I don’t see anything of the same green in her cage or in her food.
Btw the urine looks more normal right now, it’s not super clear but it’s not even that green.
Maybe you’re right, she could has chewed something green around the house even if I always keep an eye on her when I let her out of the cage.
Thank you, I’ll be more careful and I’m going to monitor her to make sure it’s not something serious

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
she could has chewed something green around the house
If you can't find what is she may be chewing on something that isn't safe for her. You really do need to find out what it is in case it's toxic.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Chiara :)

Keep an eye on your birds, if you see more odd poops then try to pursuade your parents to take you for a check up.