• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LOVEBIRD ROLL CALL!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Benny
Male
Peach faced lovebird
1.5 years old
He loves everyone and will only eat millet if he can sit with someone, he also tries to fight the 110 pound german shepherd lol

:muahaha:
View attachment 408538
Within his seemingly innocent little eyes is an evil that wishes to bite toes.
It may seem amusing to you now but please seriously reconsider allowing your bird and dog to interact- it is not safe for your bird.

Jnwbirds

Checking out the neighborhood
It may seem amusing to you now but please seriously reconsider allowing your bird and dog to interact- it is not safe for your bird.
Do not worry, I don't allow them to interact and I never allow the dog to get close to him. I always get him whenever he tries to waddle over to the dog because I know how dangerous a dog bite can be for birds. When I say he tries to fight the dog, I mean he displays aggressive behavior to her if she's in the room and he actively tries to get over to the dog, which once again I do not allow and am very proactive in keeping him away. He's my baby so I'd never laugh if he was in danger.

T.Harzon

Moving in
Hi all I'm new here so let me introduce my new baby:

Kiwi
D.O.B: Unknown
Current age: around 5 months
Gender: I was told male but we have no idea so we going with male for now.
Species: Peach Faced Lovebird
Mutation: No idea, if anyone can help that would be lovely. He is a beautiful sea green with a lovely pale orange patch on top of his head.

20220616_082559.jpg IMG-20220616-WA0005.jpeg 20220610_154224.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Hi all I'm new here so let me introduce my new baby:

Kiwi
D.O.B: Unknown
Current age: around 5 months
Gender: I was told male but we have no idea so we going with male for now.
Species: Peach Faced Lovebird
Mutation: No idea, if anyone can help that would be lovely. He is a beautiful sea green with a lovely pale orange patch on top of his head.

View attachment 408932 View attachment 408933 View attachment 408934
It looks as if Kiwi is a sea green opaline.

GalaxyDog9

Meeting neighbors
Name: Pipsqueak
Hatchday:Jan 8 (rough estimate)
Species: Peach-faced lovebird
Mutation: Normal peach-faced
Loves:Broccoli, paper, cardboard, seeds, music, Riley (our dog), attention, talking with the wild birds through the window screen, me
Hates:alone time, me having fun without him, basketball on tv (squeaky shoes), most veggies lol

Joyce

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joyce
This is Lucy, she is a 5 year old Fischer's Lovebird. I don't know when she was born, I just got her this past Easter. She was surrendered to the pet store that my daughter works at and she was sitting on old eggs. Not sure what morph she could be. She's my first bird, and she wasn't really handled by her last owner, so she and I are learning new things together.

Attachments

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
I know this is only a semi educated guess, but the blue might be a male and the hybred a female. Hopefully, she would be a 'mule' [unfertile].
I say this because I had found that males have a slightly elongated beak, and if you compare them from the front, males are slightly more 'pointy/sharp' along the front edge. Females are rounder along the front edge. Of course DNA or surgical sexing is the ONLY way to go! If you NEED to know..
And there are other signs to look for, but you can ask me if you want..
@Zara is a great mound of info!
LOVE those Lovebirds!!!
and WELCOME to the Avenue!!! :bliss:

Last edited:

AceOfPeach

Moving in
Here's my little old lady.

Lily
D.O.B.: unknown day, likely in 2008
Current Age: Somewhere around 14
Species: Peach-Faced Lovebird
Mutation: I don't think she has one, I'm not actually well-versed in lovebird mutations.

63742674857__A1AD58CD-54D4-45F7-AF9A-5DFCFCF46812.jpg IMG_0975.jpg IMG_6355.JPG

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma

AceOfPeach

Moving in
What a cutie!! Do you notice that she is getting older? Have you had to make any adaptions? Curious for when my own lovies will grow old:)
I've only had her since she was 10, so already an old lady at that time. Since I didn't know her in her younger years, I can't really say. She did have a stroke last year, not sure if that was related to her age or not. I suspect her excruciatingly picky eating habits had a part to play. She's adapted quite well since then. I think the most important thing is familiarity. 'Least for Lily. She has her routine and if I disturb it by adding a new toy to her cage or the like she lets me know she doesn't like it by viciously attacking my hands every time I reach into her cage until I remove it. When I first got her she was at least somewhat curious but now she won't have it at ALL, lol.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
she was 10, so already an old lady at that time
I don´t think 10 is ¨old lady¨ territory, not quite ;)
I´d love to read more about Lily, she sounds enchanting :cloud9:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
How old is Henkie now?
About 9-10 years old. He was with me begin 2014, but not exactly clear how old he was then. I think about a year old but could be two years:)