• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LOVEBIRD ROLL CALL!

Kbell

Meeting neighbors
Seems theres some for some other species.... I thought maybe it would be nice to see how many lovebirds are here!

I'd love for people to share names, current age, when they were born if applicable, mutation, species, and gender! Maybe even something about their lovebird(s) as well!

First up!!

ONE

Munchlax
D.O.B.: November 12th 2010
Current Age: 1 year old 7 months
Species: Peach Faced Lovebird
Mutation: Single Dark Factor Single Violet Factor Seagreen Pied (yes she is genetically pied, she has yellow speckles in some flight feathers and this makes her a pied)

We call her Munch for short, my fiance named her. She was a fire breathing dragon from day one, but has mellowed out as she has gotten older. She is aggressive and tends to be a bit of a danger to the other birds. She is Mango's younger sister, same clutch.

TWO

Mango
D.O.B.: November 7th 2010
Current Age: 1 year 7 months
Species: Peach Faced Lovebird
Mutation: Single Dark Factor Seagreen Pied

He is our most timid and our smallest bird. He loves to snuggle with his ball and relax in his tent and sometimes run in his wheel. He is Munch's older brother from the same clutch.

What about your lovebirds? How many do we have here?

Kathryn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kathryn
Here in my profile picture is my beloved Keeco. He just turned 5 on April 28th. He is truly a joy to me. He is so sweet. He has never bitten me and loves to snuggle close to me.

We have 4 finches - 2 females and 2 males, 2 are zebra finches
We have Keeco - dna tested male, hatch day 4/28/2015
We have my big baby bird, Blue Fronted Amazon Ricco - dna tested male, hatch day 5/1/2017
We have a recent addition, Sunbeam - Olive Mutation Fishers Lovebird - sex unknown, Hatch day 8/29/2019, 10 months old

Lovey - golden pearl cockatiel - age unknown, female, she laid a lot of eggs , recently tragically passed away 4/30/2020. We are all still trying to recover. Her loss has been devastating to our family. She was very much loved. Tears come as I type her name here. Sweetest bird with the sweetest chirps ever. Her empty cage now houses our new lovebird but when her cage was empty and her chirps gone it felt so empty here without her. We will always miss her.

Attachments

Snickerdoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Evelyn
Name: Leaf
Hatch Date: June 2020
Current Age: 3 months
Species: Peachfaced lovebird
Mutation: Pallid
I haven’t had Leaf for long, but so far I’ve discovered that he’s a quick learner and a very brave bird. He likes nibbling on my lips and sitting on my head. He’s not crazy about hands, but he’s quickly warming up to them. He dislikes chop but looooves ripping up lettuce, cabbage and dandelion leaves.
1875E4CB-163E-466C-9F52-C2EE3863D92C.jpeg CF4716DD-F0B6-4D1E-B531-6D86FE64A345.jpeg

Kel-C

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
KELLI CARMICHAEL
Mr Darcy - Peachface/Rosy-faced (named after character in movie 'Pride and Prejudice'
4 Months old
Not DNA tested - presume female as he/she very bossy but still keeping the name regardless of sex.

Mr Percival -Whitefaced Blue (named after the pelican in Australian movie 'Storm Boy'.
10 Weeks old
Not DNA tested - presumed male. He's the smallest of the three and by far, the most curious which lands him in trouble with the others. Paired up with Mr Darcy

Mr Forbes - Whitefaced Blue (named after my late father) and is sitting at the fore-front of pic.
10 Weeks old
Not DNA tested - presumed male. This one is my favourite. He's got the most adorable nature but because the other two look like they have bonded this poor little guy is on the outta so maybe that's why I love him the most. Like the others, not yet tamed (working on it) but I think he is going to be the most affectionate. Love the three of them but this one is spesh :xflove:

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
the other two look like they have bonded this poor little guy is on the outta
Mr Forbes is an adorable little baby! But he needs his own cage.
Only house one lone lovebird or one bonded pair of lovebirds per cage.
It is too dangerous for Mr Forbes to be in with the others.

cheekypie

Walking the driveway
Dang٫ this is almost ten years old and people are still posting!

Well here is my lovebird role call!

Cheeks:
1CA259D3-243D-4D62-B97A-4657F72458C6.jpeg
Species: Peach-faced
D.O.B: Unknown٫ suspected: around April
Sex: Male
Colour mutation: Unsure but looks like a regular Peach-faced

Blueberry:
F9DB75F0-9CE1-4AC4-8746-5F96F006D6F7.jpeg

Species: Peach-faced
D.O.B: Unknown٫ suspected around May
Sex: Female
Colour mutation: Unsure٫ looks like regular blue coloring

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
This is my newest lovie, Ghost!
Age is unknown, I suspect about 6 months.
She is a Fischer lovebird, suspected pallid mutation.
20201027_211224.jpg 20201027_211219.jpg
20201027_211310.jpg
Her last owner only had her a week, nit sure where she came from in the first place, probably a pet store. I don't know who clipped her wings, but it doesn't look normal. She is very skittish.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@TheOddFlock You caught her in a very embarrassing moment! :laughing2: Poor girl!

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Baylee
DOB: aprox date December 2010. I rescued her as a 10 week old baby on 4th March 2011.
Current age: 9 years and 10 months old. If my calculations don’t fail me she still had baby black dots on her beak.
Species: Peach faced roseicollis
Mutation: White faced SF violet turquoise.
7DCD304B-D0E6-4F1D-8F12-634CCA70BBBB.jpeg

Pistachio1

Meeting neighbors
Oooh gorgeous!! :swoon:
Thank you :) He's a very good bird. We got him just after weaning off formula. After one week with us, while we were still building his trust, he perched up on our indirect lighting at the ceiling and disappeared .... he found a hole behind the indirect lighting and a false wall that spanned cupboards and living room that we didn't even know existed as it is so high up. He fell into the false wall - we heard panicked scrabbling ... I grabbed a drill and hammer and destroyed 3 cupboards. We couldn't find him there and he was dead quiet (probably scared). The other part of the false wall in the living room connected and we figured he went that way. That was too thick for me to drill / bang out with what I had so we had to get a contractor with a big saw. 18 hours later, with 5 holes in the thick wall, he pops his head out of one of the holes perching and looking at us like nothing happened. By that time we thought he was dead. Miracle birb!

Dio

Meeting neighbors
New here! These are my 2 little babies. I brought them home last week Sunday. They are 7ish weeks old (trying to figure out the exact hatch date from the guy I got them from). Their parents were a male green peach face and a lutino peach face female so if I googled correctly Kiwi should be a boy Kiwi and Peep should be a girl. They were hand fed and are hand tame so I love being able to hold them and give them love.

Here are my little trouble makers lol
A2E4ACFE-5C2E-4E03-81D7-A1F7F030F6AD.jpeg 530DD9FB-8786-401F-A314-E7ECE84127F9.jpeg

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Hi we are new here this is pico had him about a month his owner before said he was 11/2years old male he believes

there are some very gorgeous lovebirds here

Attachments

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Indie
About 51/2 months old had since 10weeks
Not sure sex I am thinking female not sure why

indie still hand shy but can do recall and tricks prefers to land on arm than hand started to be cage aggressive but is calm and gentle when out and very food happy love both my lovebirds

Attachments

Jnwbirds

Checking out the neighborhood
Benny
Male
Peach faced lovebird
1.5 years old
He loves everyone and will only eat millet if he can sit with someone, he also tries to fight the 110 pound german shepherd lol

:muahaha:
20211119_183036.jpg
Within his seemingly innocent little eyes is an evil that wishes to bite toes.