• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LOVEBIRD ROLL CALL!

Nola

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nola
Hi everyone, my daughter Boo and I sprung these two sweeties from the pet shop today, also her birthday present (we live with four conures who are my bubbas). First photo is Mango, second is Buddy, third is their new home.
20181125_134103.jpg 20181125_134059.jpg 20181125_170838.jpg All we know about them is they were a young couples who sold them to p.s as they moved and couldn't keep them. Buddy seems younger and a lot more hand tamed than Mango, but then I'd be cranky at losing my hoomins and being in a cage with nothing but food, water and a perch. It's been years since I had a lovebird, a peach face. Could anyone tell me what these bubbas are, sorry for the crappy photos, cheers Nola, Boo, Buddy and Mango x

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Hi everyone, my daughter Boo and I sprung these two sweeties from the pet shop today, also her birthday present (we live with four conures who are my bubbas). First photo is Mango, second is Buddy, third is their new home.
View attachment 290804 View attachment 290805 View attachment 290806 All we know about them is they were a young couples who sold them to p.s as they moved and couldn't keep them. Buddy seems younger and a lot more hand tamed than Mango, but then I'd be cranky at losing my hoomins and being in a cage with nothing but food, water and a perch. It's been years since I had a lovebird, a peach face. Could anyone tell me what these bubbas are, sorry for the crappy photos, cheers Nola, Boo, Buddy and Mango x
They are Fischer's lovebirds.

Nola

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nola
Thank you so much expressmailtome, thought they could be but not sure, and now we know! Have a great day/ night xx

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thank you so much expressmailtome, thought they could be but not sure, and now we know! Have a great day/ night xx
You are welcome.

AlexisBrion

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alexis Brion
Hi Everyone!! Here are my newest lovely birds in my aviary. All from the Philippines. Hope you like it ;)

1. Green Euwing Opaline & Violet Parblue Fischer
2. Turquoise Parblue Pale Fallow
3. Olive Green Euwing Opaline

IMG_20181201_164833.jpg IMG_20181201_163430.jpg IMG_20181201_164052.jpg

lisaraby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa
Hey all! I'm new to the forums and wanted to introduce my lovebird - Beans!

Tomorrow will be one week together for us. I adopted him from a Craigslist ad. The woman was great and sent him off with me with a beautiful, albeit not permanent, cage and some amazing accessories.

This week we put up a sort of aviary for him and I've been making an Amazon list of items to order as far as enrichment. I'll post pictures below, though I've added since taking the picture earlier this week. Let me know what you guys think - definitely open to advice!

The changes include moving his enclosure away from the window (winter in NH, USA), adding huts and toys and a nighttime heat bulb.

I don't have a history, age, or sex on him. He came with what I've researched to be a bruise (?) on his beak, but will see how it grows out.

He hasn't had any interest in fresh foods. He really only wants seeds. I have what he likes mixed with Harrison's brand chow and an egg/honey calcium supplement. Trying a few new things daily.

I work part time nights so I have the day free to spend with him. I've been leaving music on when I go out for errands - so far he likes the Arctic Monkeys and alt-j.

I'm thinking about picking a book and reading aloud to him.
View attachment 290754 View attachment 290754 View attachment 290756 View attachment 290757 View attachment 290758 View attachment 290759
Beans is adorable!!! One thing I noticed though: his beak looks a little long and might need a trim, which would also help with moving him off a pellet diet. I'd take him in for a routine checkup and they will let you know if it should come down a bit. His cage is huge and beautiful! I'm jealous of it! Congrats on your new baby!

AbleHazard

Moving in
Real Name
Samara Gagne
Beans is adorable!!! One thing I noticed though: his beak looks a little long and might need a trim, which would also help with moving him off a pellet diet. I'd take him in for a routine checkup and they will let you know if it should come down a bit. His cage is huge and beautiful! I'm jealous of it! Congrats on your new baby!
Thank you! And you were right - was guided through how to use an emory board if needed but walked through accessories items to help.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hey everyone, meet Aldora! Greek, meaning winged gift. I found her on my doorstep in 2017.
I just took this picture a few minutes ago and it needs to be shared! She's a beauty ❤
IMG_20190117_142257.jpg
Please excuse the little wet patch, she thought she wanted a bath but changed her mind hehe

Fiwi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melissa
What a beauty Aldora is! You found her on your doorstep?!?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
wow @Elizabeth8577 Nine lovebirds? That´s quite a flock :faint: (or is it 8? if the chick in the first pic is the same bird in the 4th picture) What are their names?

Also, be very careful with a lovebird out in the open, if he gets spooked he will be off not to mention unexpected predators.
I would recommend harness training hom or getting a little travel cage for him.

Tweetypie_

Moving in
Real Name
Serena
Name : Tweety Pie
Type : I believe he is a Lutino lovie
Color : White with bits of yellow and a little orange on the head. He/She has red eyes
Born : I don't know but I brought him in thailand.
Loves : Humans, Attention, people playing with him, being famous and Millets!!!!!
Hates : Rough touch,Being unable to fly (he has never learned) and cardboard/paper (he chews it up)
Bio : From when we got him he was always close to humans for when we brought him as a baby they clipped his wings so he never learned how to fly. When visitors came he was always the first choice he love standing still on your hear or shoulders and chewing on your hair or chirping to its enemy Taco the pineapple conure (They bite and fight) He loves millet and Coriander alot!!!. He bites alot and also is fine with you holding him

Attachments

Yabiwheeler

Moving in
Storm (violet) and Shine (yellow)
They love each other but dont live together they like their homes set up their own ways Haha
Shine loves preening everything she will sit in my hair for hair just preening my hair
Storm loves shredding toys and cuddling under Shines wing
Both hate stepping up but dont mind being picked up.

Attachments

Chase Hein

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chase
I have four peach faced lovebirds! Kiwi, Honey, Mo, and a chick that hatched yesterday!
P.S. I need help naming the chick, if anyone has any ideas than that would be great!
KIMG0212.JPG KIMG0219.JPG 0410191530a.jpg 0410191529a.jpg

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Storm (violet) and Shine (yellow)
They love each other but dont live together they like their homes set up their own ways Haha
Shine loves preening everything she will sit in my hair for hair just preening my hair
Storm loves shredding toys and cuddling under Shines wing
Both hate stepping up but dont mind being picked up.
:cantsee: You made me double take there!!! Your birds look almost the spitting image of my ¨newest¨ pair Sydney and Adélie! I had to open the pics fully to see that Shine is Lutino whereas my Sydney is Australian Cinnamon. I´d love to see more photos of your birds! They´re gorgeous! :cloud9:

P.S. I need help naming the chick, if anyone has any ideas than that would be great!
I called my birds numbers until I gave them their official names. I used google searches for baby names to help guide me finding nice names :)
If you don´t plan on keeping the chicks then don´t name them.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I don't know why all my birds aren't on here, oops.

Here goes,
(all of my birds are Roseicollis)

Meet Sydney, my first bird, he's just perfect,
Screenshot_20200123_225034.jpg
He is Australian cinnamon aka Pallid.

Meet Adélie (Sydneys new girlfriend), born 22 December 2018, named after the small but feisty Adélie penguins as a nod to her slow growth and determination for life, she is a special needs bird yet as independant as all my others, pictured alongside her dad Jaime, my sweet little Prince, I brought him home years ago to be a friend for Sydney but it didn't really work out, and mum Aldora, a lost bird who found her way to my doorstep,
Screenshot_20200123_221252.jpg
Adélie (left) is Edge dilute with violet factor,
Jaime (centre) is Turquoise split edge dilute
Aldora (right) is Violet split edge dilute

Meet Nube (Spanish, meaning cloud) and Lapis Lazuli aka Lapis. Brother and sister bonded pair, and first offspring of Jaime and Aldora. Hatching just one day apart they were blessed having been together their whole lives. They have a continued relationship with their parents. They are a true flock of four and love being together.
Screenshot_20200123_221650.jpg
Nube (left) named after his cloud like appearance, is Turquoise edge dilute mottle and Lapis (right) named after the precious stone, is Turquoise sf violet

mardekk

Moving in
lol so remember 3 years ago when I thought Felix was a boy
got miles (green boi) IMG_20180710_235751_402.jpg
they had babies of course...we used to hand raise lovies way back, so I finally let a clutch hatch and now I've got Cher!
white face peach face, violet factor obviously, with hints of green on some of her wing feathers.

IMG_20190923_202728_267.jpg

ft my dad IMG_20190722_224013.jpg IMG_20200216_203842.jpg
she's very fond of having on HOT foot on my face while she naps
IMG_20180712_131016.jpg 16112076489725881228.JPG IMG_20190119_220705.jpg square
IMG_20190119_220720.jpg

Attachments

birdy.929

Walking the driveway
I have one lovebird!
Name: Birdy
Hatch Date: ?? but he is almost 2 years old!
Species: Peachfaced Lovebird
Mutation: Orange Faced
Loves: Almonds, scritches, attention and screaming
Hates: everyone except me, coins, and mirrors
Birdy is also a parent-raised lovebird, which I'm not sure if it's different in other places, but parent-raised birds are very hard to find around me!

IMG_2244.jpg