• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LOVEBIRD ROLL CALL!

RawPasta

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kelley
This is Raw Pasta Unicorn. (S)He was named by my daughter. She's 3.... she says she's the mommy. We loved the name so it stuck. He's over a year old and the past month is the first time he's been handled in his life on a consistent basis.
He's amazing to watch and so much more adventurous than my nanday! He can't wait for me to move when I give him new toys and his new favorite perch is the crook of an elbow. He also loves YouTube birds. IMG_20180612_180904_661.jpg IMG_20180612_170209_308.jpg

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Now that we got a sticky. Here is Loki, hatched 3/10/18. She has only been home for 5 days but is adjusting well. We are taking it slow and letting her get comfortable. She currently would rather be with my sun conures than me but my boys would rather be with me than her.

Attachments

AussietheLovie

Moving in
This is the lovie that owns me, miss Bossy Aussie! She's about seven years old, and her dream is to finally rip all of the postcards off of the wall before somebody notices.
IMG_0853.jpg
When she's not busy thieving things, she takes a whole lot of baths. No stinky birds for us today.
IMG_0770.jpg

Masquerade

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
This is Remy. He's 4 years old, and he loves to snuggle. He got shut in a door a couple of years ago and developed anxiety so he started plucking. He's all better now, but sadly he damaged his feather follicles so some of them will never grow back. I don't have any good recent photos of him, so have one of him snuggling in my duvet.

This is Sammy, he's new to the family, and he's three months old, so just a baby. He's very noisy and very active and not at all snuggly, but I'm hoping he'll come round someday as I love bird snuggles.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
This is Aoife, she's 5 months and her favorite activity is trying to bite my fingers. Jk but we're slowly working on hand taming.

Attachments

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I forget to Add Xena, but here she is!
She is a Fischers lovie, 6 years old, blind and was a stray. And she outscreams Henkie&Fëanor easily lol!
88BCA865-7668-47BC-8CB3-690B003EC154.jpeg

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Tiny my peahface Lovebird passed away in May. He was 17 years old. Picture of him on page 1. TINY was so gentle and loving, and loved to cuddle to, He used to love chasing the Quaker flock, he would get such a big kick out of that. Since he passed away, my Quaker flock imatates Tinys chirps he used to do. I miss Tiny alot, he was so specail to me, as I handfed him from 5 day old chick along with 5 of his siblings .

Lovebirdslave

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
So I know I haven’t posted in a while, but I adopted a new little adorable female lovie. I’m just absolutely smitten and it’s very obviously mutual. My wife (fluffypoptarts) who has always been the lovebird whisperer of the house, can’t even come near me when the baby is on me. She is definitely female and still super cuddly!

Last edited:

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
So I know I haven’t posted in a while, but I adopted a new little adorable female lovie. I’m just absolutely smitten and it’s very obviously mutual. My wife (fluffypoptarts) who has always been the lovebird whisperer of the house, can’t even come near me when the baby is on me. She is definitely female and still super cuddly!
Excuse me, wife?! This is either new or I truly have not been around much. Either way, congrats all round. Make sure to post pics!

Lovebirdslave

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Lol oh yes! Fluffy and I were married on November 2nd! Lol but baby lovebird made me forget to mention. I added a video of baby love. And thank you very much!

Kiran Shaikh

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Kiran
Hi guys. I'm new here. I'm so worried, concerned and scared. Started a thread here but no one responded so trying my luck here. I adopted a 4 week old lovebird chick( Rose) 2 days ago. When I got him/her his crop was empty so I tried to feed him but he refused. Since it was his first time for hand feed so I force fed. So since last two days until now, he never begs for food even after 10 hours I feed myself. He can't even chew millet but tries to. My main concern is his breathing. He continuously moves his lower beak up n down which makes his tail Bob as well. This got worse today. But after I gave him Kaytee formula he instantly stopped breathing that way. I was so happy to see that but after half an hour he again started doing so. It's not that continuous as was before but still he does it specially during sleep. There are no vets where I live. Please help guys. I can't even sleep.....

Lovebirdslave

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Hi guys. I'm new here. I'm so worried, concerned and scared. Started a thread here but no one responded so trying my luck here. I adopted a 4 week old lovebird chick( Rose) 2 days ago. When I got him/her his crop was empty so I tried to feed him but he refused. Since it was his first time for hand feed so I force fed. So since last two days until now, he never begs for food even after 10 hours I feed myself. He can't even chew millet but tries to. My main concern is his breathing. He continuously moves his lower beak up n down which makes his tail Bob as well. This got worse today. But after I gave him Kaytee formula he instantly stopped breathing that way. I was so happy to see that but after half an hour he again started doing so. It's not that continuous as was before but still he does it specially during sleep. There are no vets where I live. Please help guys. I can't even sleep.....
so I’m not super experienced with lovebirds, though my wife definitely is. She is asleep now or I’d ask her. Your baby sounds very sick with tail bobbing and all. Any animal that young is super scary to try to care for yourself if you haven’t done it before. Have you tried asking the Breeder for advice?? It probably needs some sort of antibiotics or meds to get better. My wife has told me it’s quite common for babies to have ill health at first and vet care is super important. Testing for the different diseases is very important for a new bird and it sounds like it was given to you as a sick baby. I’m really sorry I don’t have more answers. I will talk to my wife when she wakes up. Keep us updated?

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Tiny my peahface Lovebird passed away in May. He was 17 years old. Picture of him on page 1. TINY was so gentle and loving, and loved to cuddle to, He used to love chasing the Quaker flock, he would get such a big kick out of that. Since he passed away, my Quaker flock imatates Tinys chirps he used to do. I miss Tiny alot, he was so specail to me, as I handfed him from 5 day old chick along with 5 of his siblings .
I am So sorry to hear that:( She sounded like such a Beautiful soul! Fly high and free Tiny!

so I’m not super experienced with lovebirds, though my wife definitely is. She is asleep now or I’d ask her. Your baby sounds very sick with tail bobbing and all. Any animal that young is super scary to try to care for yourself if you haven’t done it before. Have you tried asking the Breeder for advice?? It probably needs some sort of antibiotics or meds to get better. My wife has told me it’s quite common for babies to have ill health at first and vet care is super important. Testing for the different diseases is very important for a new bird and it sounds like it was given to you as a sick baby. I’m really sorry I don’t have more answers. I will talk to my wife when she wakes up. Keep us updated?
@Kiran Shaikh I second this!! That does not sound well at all. If there an Avian vet you can reach? It is a pretty bad idea to hand raise a bird withou previous experience, a vet can teach you how to do it and try to fix her health problems.

AbleHazard

Moving in
Real Name
Samara Gagne
Hey all! I'm new to the forums and wanted to introduce my lovebird - Beans!

Tomorrow will be one week together for us. I adopted him from a Craigslist ad. The woman was great and sent him off with me with a beautiful, albeit not permanent, cage and some amazing accessories.

This week we put up a sort of aviary for him and I've been making an Amazon list of items to order as far as enrichment. I'll post pictures below, though I've added since taking the picture earlier this week. Let me know what you guys think - definitely open to advice!

The changes include moving his enclosure away from the window (winter in NH, USA), adding huts and toys and a nighttime heat bulb.

I don't have a history, age, or sex on him. He came with what I've researched to be a bruise (?) on his beak, but will see how it grows out.

He hasn't had any interest in fresh foods. He really only wants seeds. I have what he likes mixed with Harrison's brand chow and an egg/honey calcium supplement. Trying a few new things daily.

I work part time nights so I have the day free to spend with him. I've been leaving music on when I go out for errands - so far he likes the Arctic Monkeys and alt-j.

I'm thinking about picking a book and reading aloud to him.
Screenshot_20181119-011300_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20181119-011300_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20181120-142335_Gallery.jpg 20181120_150140_040.jpg 20181118_203525_030.jpg 6555.jpeg

Attachments

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Hey all! I'm new to the forums and wanted to introduce my lovebird - Beans!

Tomorrow will be one week together for us. I adopted him from a Craigslist ad. The woman was great and sent him off with me with a beautiful, albeit not permanent, cage and some amazing accessories.

This week we put up a sort of aviary for him and I've been making an Amazon list of items to order as far as enrichment. I'll post pictures below, though I've added since taking the picture earlier this week. Let me know what you guys think - definitely open to advice!

The changes include moving his enclosure away from the window (winter in NH, USA), adding huts and toys and a nighttime heat bulb.

I don't have a history, age, or sex on him. He came with what I've researched to be a bruise (?) on his beak, but will see how it grows out.

He hasn't had any interest in fresh foods. He really only wants seeds. I have what he likes mixed with Harrison's brand chow and an egg/honey calcium supplement. Trying a few new things daily.

I work part time nights so I have the day free to spend with him. I've been leaving music on when I go out for errands - so far he likes the Arctic Monkeys and alt-j.

I'm thinking about picking a book and reading aloud to him.
View attachment 290754 View attachment 290754 View attachment 290756 View attachment 290757 View attachment 290758 View attachment 290759
Too cute. If I could make a suggestion though: remove the huts. They are known to kill birds for all sorts of reasons and I would hate for that to happen to your new feather baby.

AbleHazard

Moving in
Real Name
Samara Gagne
Too cute. If I could make a suggestion though: remove the huts. They are known to kill birds for all sorts of reasons and I would hate for that to happen to your new feather baby.
Wow I had no idea...I'll definitely get more educated!