• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LOVEBIRD ROLL CALL!

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
Seems theres some for some other species.... I thought maybe it would be nice to see how many lovebirds are here!

I'd love for people to share names, current age, when they were born if applicable, mutation, species, and gender! Maybe even something about their lovebird(s) as well!

First up!!

ONE

Munchlax
D.O.B.: November 12th 2010
Current Age: 1 year old 7 months
Species: Peach Faced Lovebird
Mutation: Single Dark Factor Single Violet Factor Seagreen Pied (yes she is genetically pied, she has yellow speckles in some flight feathers and this makes her a pied)

We call her Munch for short, my fiance named her. She was a fire breathing dragon from day one, but has mellowed out as she has gotten older. She is aggressive and tends to be a bit of a danger to the other birds. She is Mango's younger sister, same clutch.

TWO

Mango
D.O.B.: November 7th 2010
Current Age: 1 year 7 months
Mutation: Single Dark Factor Seagreen Pied

He is our most timid and our smallest bird. He loves to snuggle with his ball and relax in his tent and sometimes run in his wheel. He is Munch's older brother from the same clutch.

What about your lovebirds? How many do we have here?

Christina71

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Christina
I have 5...all normal peach faced. My boyfriend got me Serenity and Skittles from a pet store about two years ago and they were somewhere between 6 months to a year at the time so I think they are 2 and 1/2. Their babies are 1 year and 9 months old. None of them are hands on.

Serenity is bolder and is usually the first to try out new toys. She will also perch on my hand and will let me touch her for a second before moving away. All of the others follow her, if she comes to me they will to. They all like to preen my hair.
Little One likes to instigate sometimes, he usually is pretty good hanging out with the others, but will do little things sometimes to irritate them ...like tapping his beak on their cage or going into their cage. He's almost always the last to go back to his cage in the evening and usually has to be coaxed.

BirdsFTW

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maya
Mika

D.O.B.: September 08, 2011
Current Age: 10 years
Species: Peachfaced lovebird
Mutation: Dutch Blue Edged Dilute
Loves: Me, the bf, sprouts, Nutriberries, his sleep tent, bells and chains.
Hates: Writing tools and paper towels - they are EVIL!

IMG_20120415_154607.jpg

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
Mika has always been gorgeous :D but if he is ten years old, i would think thats a lot of aging since he was born in 2011?? lol typo? ;)

cgreenaway

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
Skye
DOB: Unknown
Sex: Female
Species: Peach Face
Mutation: Dutch Blue Seagreen??
Loves: nutriberries, paper, being bossy, protecting her nest, millet, watching the finches
Hates: Me, lol

Jade
DOB: November 2011
Mutation: Dutch Blue Pied
Loves: Nutriberries, bells, paper, hanging upside down, flying, Skye :)
Hates: the cat

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Piper

D.O.B: March 7, 2005
Current Age: 7 years old
Species: Peachface lovebird
Mutation: seagreen I think.
Loves: Me - then other people. He'll go to anyone since it means more attention though (ok so he loves getting attention).
Hates: Sharing attention with others at time. Most fresh foods, although he and Léa have been trying new things together (cages side by side).

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Peanut
D.O.B.: May 23, 2000
Current Age: 12 years
Mutation: I have no idea. Perhaps slight American Cinnamon? Maybe someone else knows.
Loves: Millet, me, millet, empty containers to hang out in, millet, cuddles, millet, shredding things. Also millet.
Hates: Sharing, people touching her stuff, people looking at her stuff too longingly, bandaids.

Sleepies.png

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Harley. PFLB with harlequin mutation. Eight years old. Male. His girlfriend is Gracie Tiel.

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
Skye
DOB: Unknown
Sex: Female
Mutation: Dutch Blue Seagreen??
Loves: nutriberries, paper, being bossy, protecting her nest, millet, watching the finches
Hates: Me, lol

Jade
DOB: November 2011
Mutation: Dutch Blue Pied
Loves: Nutriberries, bells, paper, hanging upside down, flying, Skye :)
Hates: the cat

Skye is Seagreen, the beak is pink-orange at the base but yellow at the tip, key identification in seagreens vs dutch blue.

and Piper is a Seagreen too :)

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
Peanut
D.O.B.: May 23, 2000
Current Age: 12 years
Mutation: I have no idea. Perhaps slight American Cinnamon? Maybe someone else knows.
Loves: Millet, me, millet, empty containers to hang out in, millet, cuddles, millet, shredding things. Also millet.
Hates: Sharing, people touching her stuff, people looking at her stuff too longingly, bandaids.

View attachment 106072

The pale flights make me think Cinnamon but I do not know 100% but I am pretty sure she's a Cinnamon

Zelda1

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Liz
IMG_0356.JPG
Name: Disco
D.O.B.: July 2011
Current Age: ~11 months
Species: Peachface lovebird
Mutation: Normal Green
Loves: Showers, hay, bugging her budgie neighbours, head scratches, zipping around my room, watching stuff outside, coins, mango.
Hates: Link, people touching her coins, Link being outside when she's not.

First bird I hand raised and weaned :D.

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
Yes, Peanut is an American Cinnamon.

Harley. PFLB with harlequin mutation. Eight years old. Male. His girlfriend is Gracie Tiel.
What is a harlequin mutation...? I've never heard of that with lovebirds. :confused:

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Aw, man! I wanna play, but I can't remember if Peanut is 4 or 5 :o: I'll do one, but I'll fix it as soon as I get up and find his baby book. Found it!

Peanut - Male
Age - 5 (His hatch date is 6-20-07. I knew he was hatched in June, just couldn't remember the year LOL)
Mutation - Normal green peachfaced
Loves - Me and his stuffed animals, corn, broccoli, sprouts, paper towels, bathes (as long as they are HIS idea), paper, fuzzy socks, our cuddle time.
Hates - Getting his nails clipped (he cries!!!), tissues, time in his cage, Kiwi, phones, colored nails, other birds around me or his stuffies when he's trying to mate, eating in his cage.

Oreo- Female
Age- 3
Mutation - Blue blackmasked
Loves - Wood, paper, books, making nests, food (she'll eat anything!),
Hates - People! And, Peaches.

Peaches - Female
Age- Unknown
Mutation - Normal green peachfaced (Peanut is banded and sometimes that's the only way I can tell them apart LOL)
Loves - Her swing, her hut, baskets, driving Sophie nuts
Hates - People (although, she's getting a lot better!), Oreo, Sophie, JJ, and Baby

Kiwi - Male
Age - He's 2! I finished handraising him :heart: But, I got him the day after Joey went missing. :(
Mutation - Orange-faced peachfaced
Loves - Peaches, food, looking out windows, driving mommy crazy by chewing the trim up above my kitchen cupboards, chasing Evie, playing in buckets, and agitating Sophie. Kiwi is always watching everything. He is so smart!
Hates - Colored fingernails, going in his cage, Peanut, going to bed without giving mommy night-night kisses,

Baby - Female
Age - 1 year and 2 months
Mutation - Ummm...she's a hybrid between 2 eyerings Oreo and a Fischers. Oreo is her momma and her daddy was Mango who sadly passed away after Baby was hatched.
Loves - Boxes, buckets, paper, wood,
Hates - JJ, hands
Lovies.jpg

Last edited:

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
Yes, Peanut is an American Cinnamon.

What is a harlequin mutation...? I've never heard of that with lovebirds. :confused:

i think its another term for pied? i've heard of cockatiel pied mutations being called this too.

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
i think its another term for pied? i've heard of cockatiel pied mutations being called this too.
That is so weird... I've never known anyone in the lovebird world to use that term.

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
i think i have ONCE and it has never been brought up again... i thought it sounded familiar

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Oh, oh, lovebirds!!!:starshower:

075.jpg
Name: Nin
D.O.B.: Jan 11, 2005
Current Age: 7 yrs
Mutation: Dutch Blue
Loves: Leyla, Food, buckets of pony beads, preening cotton toys, playing the kissy game, training time
Hates: TV remotes, pens, other lovebirds stealing his food, jingle balls

011 (3).jpg
Name: Leyla
D.O.B.: Dec 4, 2004
Current Age: 7 yrs
Mutation: Whiteface Violet
Loves: Nin, Snuggling in my shirt / under my hair, threatening other birds (except Nin), shredding toys, buckets of pony beads
Hates: TV remotes, cameras, cellphones, pens, other birds (except Nin), people touching her platform perch

046 (2).jpg
Name: Rigby
D.O.B.: July 5, 2008
Current Age: 3 yrs (almost 4!)
Species: Black Cheeked Lovebird
Mutation: wild type green
Loves: Devon, flirting with his reflection, food, stealing other birds' food, shredding toys, headbanging to music
Hates: People touching his stuff, being approached by people (he'd rather come to you, thanks)

019 (2).jpg
Name: Devon
D.O.B.: Oct 10, 2011
Current Age: 8 mos
Species: Black Cheeked Lovebird
Mutation: wild type green
Loves: Rigby, being stupid, flying around like a maniac, shredding toys, food, flirting with everything, harassing the other birds, being annoying
Hates: the peachies, people touching his stuff, kisses

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Poca (Left one on the clock): 8 year old, DNA'd Male Lutino Peach Faced Lovebird. I got him as a rehome when he was 3.5 years old and he was semi-tame. I had him completely tamed and imprinted on me in 72 hours of constant one-to-one time with me. Tolerates other humans but becomes nippy with them if they hold him for too long. Will allow me to maul him any which way, but screams when I start picking his pinnies:D Also hates all other birds and very territorial of his cage only with other birds. Really hates Coco as he sees him as competition for my attention. He will stare down both our dogs.

Coco (Right on the clock): 4 year old, DNA'd Male Lutino Peach Faced Lovebird. I got him as a 12 week hand-tamed baby. He is also imprinted on me but tolerates other humans better than Poca does, in that he does not nip, just squirms out of their grasp. I can maul him any which way. He is fiestier than Poca, but I attribute that to the fact that he is half Poca's age. Also dislikes when I get at his pinnies. Will stare down both dogs. Hates Poca and "bullies" him. Is territorial of his cage with Poca and Kiwi (our male cockatiel) but not humans.