• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LOVEBIRD ROLL CALL!

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I took my hut out as per the advice here, and now Ollie climbs to the very upper corner of the cage, places a foot on either side of the corner, and sleeps hanging up there.

It's such an odd place for him to sleep and I almost feel bad, but it is his choice lol. There are plenty of perches for him to sleep on if he would so choose!
Have you considered a corner platform up there? My two both sleep on platforms placed high up.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I took my hut out as per the advice here, and now Ollie climbs to the very upper corner of the cage, places a foot on either side of the corner, and sleeps hanging up there.

It's such an odd place for him to sleep and I almost feel bad, but it is his choice lol. There are plenty of perches for him to sleep on if he would so choose!
Maybe you can place a platform underneath the top of the cage, so he could sleep there! Nothing wrong with sleeping like that either, my lovie did that too sometimes, strange birds! But Maybe he Will like it, or a cardboard tunnel if you can find one, Mine love platforms and one of them likes to hide in a cardboard tunnel

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Have you considered a corner platform up there? My two both sleep on platforms placed high up.
Maybe you can place a platform underneath the top of the cage, so he could sleep there! Nothing wrong with sleeping like that either, my lovie did that too sometimes, strange birds! But Maybe he Will like it, or a cardboard tunnel if you can find one, Mine love platforms and one of them likes to hide in a cardboard tunnel
I will definitely be on the lookout for something to add up there! Maybe I will just rearrange his cage and move something :)

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@mardekk Congratulations on bringing a lovie back into your life, and such an adorable one at that! :xflove: I confess I sometimes save the pictures of these cute birdies for fawning over later!

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best

tamiznluv

Checking out the neighborhood
Aww, Felix is so handsome! I wasn't able to tame my lovies when they were gifted to me. I would so love to have them cuddle under my robe!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
@mardekk Congratulations on bringing a lovie back into your life, and such an adorable one at that! :xflove: I confess I sometimes save the pictures of these cute birdies for fawning over later!
You are not alone:shy::lol:

@mardekk your fids Colors are so beautiful!

@LilSprout I am so happy you have little Charlie in your life now! Is he still doing good?

lisaraby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa
This is my old grump Buddy, who passed away in June. Near the end of his life he was a little naked, so he would huddle under lamps where it was warm. We said he liked being in the spotlight!

The other picture is of two violet lovebirds - one of which is my future birdie! I'm going on Saturday to meet them and when they're weaned I can go pick them up! I'll post a better picture of the one I choose when I bring them home. One is about a week older than the other. I can't wait to meet them!
20171123_093418.png 20171102_155714.png

Attachments

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
What a cuties! Good luck with your new buddy:heart:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Speakin of potato chips.... :'D

Say hi to Nana. She's already pooped on me.

Attachments

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
He's getting more blue! I'm pumped to see what the final colours are going to be! He's such a goof.
That is so exciting! It really is a surprise what his final colors Will be:D Fëanor was pretty much ons color blue when he came here, but now he Also had a lot of greenlike feathers on his wings:lol:

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I can't believe I forgot to post a picture of Sawyer here! He's Charlie's adopted brother/rival for the best spot on the shoulder. He's a little timid but still a very good boy, he's also a little explorer and acrobat while Charlie is more of a mama's boy. He's settled in really well, it's almost like he was here all along!
IMG_3049.JPG
IMG_3007.JPG

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Oohhh so bad that you forgot to post his pictures:lol: He is clearly highly deprived of attention:rofl: He is so cute, that face while he is hanging of that branch:heart: