• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LOVEBIRD ROLL CALL!

ergunm

Meeting neighbors
Here is our two lovies ...

Totto is our first and 11 months old. He loves everyone but especially Ringo. He is curious but also careful when it comes to new things.
. DSC_0164 - Copy.JPG
IMG_1442 - Copy.JPG

And this is our little destroyer Ringo. She is 8 months old. She likes things small, so she turns anything to as small pieces as she can. Opposite to Totto, her first reaction is to attack to anything new. She is molting these days and asks my and Totto's help to break pin feathers, but attacks anyone else (she recently draw blood from my wife's finger who thought she can also help).
DSC_0165 - Copy.JPG
IMG_1445 - Copy.JPG

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love your flock Fluffypoptarts! :heart:So many birdies, it must be a wonderfull chaos in your house:D They are so fill of personality! I am in love with Boo and Bonito:rolleyes:
Thank you! I loved the photos of your little troublemakers, too! :D Oh yes, chaos is definitely the word. They’re bossy little slave-drivers!

Boo is such a sweet girl. She was originally my mom’s bird. She’ll bite anyone but me, though she has recently begun to allow the girlfriend to “ferry” her over to me. :) (She usually either chases her like an angry dinosaur or makes loud and alarming kisses at her!) Boo loves to crawl into my shirt, lay her head on my chest, and take a nap.

Bonito is our most independent birdy, but he’s a sweetheart. He’ll flit over to my knee and just lean his head against my hand to snuggle and sometimes nap. :heart2:

418A6889-1592-47DB-BC88-9E9CD806F0C0.jpeg

Mango+Mushi

Meeting neighbors
You all have ADORABLE Birds! :D

I suppose I can share a couple photos:

Note* These photos are a bit old, the blue one has changed a bit. The orange one is the exact same.

The orange is Mango she's a girl. The purple/grey one is Mushi and he's a boy. Mush is now, purple and his greyness is now white. I think it's much cuter white. Makes him look like a snowball.

And these are their second batch of babies, I can't find the first batch.

The purple rump is named Olive. The other light green one is Lemon.

^Lemon

^Lemon Again

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Too much cuteness here! :faint:

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Peanut!
She's 17 and my little heart, I love her so much. She's so sweet and gentile as long as I follow her rules. :rolleyes:
... And as long as I don't startle her, I'm still learning how to deal with her decreased eyesight and startle her sometimes.

Recently she's stopped flying, vet thinks it's mostly due to the fact she is going blind though she has arthritis too.
Looks like I don't have a picture of it yet but I bought her a coffee table so she has more space since she won't fly, two level desk situation now. I'm still coming up with ideas on how to make her area the best I can for her, trying out climbing stuff so she can move between table/desk on her own if I'm away. Also I'll be making a couple of fleece "table cloths" to see if it'd be easier on her old feets ASAP.

My cuddly borb

And the ball pit. :D

-poofs-

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I love all your fids, lovies are so wonderfull:heart: @Ankou you Come up with lovely ideas for your little love:heart:
They never give up either:rofl: at least Mine don't easily. Fëanor only has one flight feather on each wing but if he wants to get to me he Will, one way or another. He Will Fly and if he fails to reach me he Will climb up my leg! When he came home I had planned to keep him caged for a week, but he didn't agree and the third day he Discovered a way out of his cage:lol:

TheOddFlock

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Lots of beautyful lovies!

Jordan is 1 year old, she loves to destroy things and has a very strong bond with Opal my female budgie. She also loves millet, enjoys teasing me, and she has me on a leash! She's got me trained.
She also gets really upset and bites me when I mess up the daily routine. She also seems to have OCD, if that's even possible in birds!

Jordan trying to get millet. 20171113_161254.jpg

Jordan teasing me. I was busy and she started acting as if she got stuck, I come over to the cage and she climbs onto her perch, started laughing, and then she attacked the toy. 20171024_115049.jpg

Jordan snuggling with Opal. They always sleep like this. However, I do divied their cage at night because I still don't completely trust them. 20171108_194811.jpg

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ahwww that is so cute! Such a character

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Here's a new picture of Guzma. He got into the bin I keep my non-frozen seeds in and immediately went into murder mode when I tried getting his little fluffy butt out.

(And yes, he gets pellets, too, but he only wanted in the seed mix).

Attachments

Mango+Mushi

Meeting neighbors
@fluffypoptarts

Thank you :D Your birds are adorable as well!

Well tbh, regarding the happy hut Mango LOVES her happy hut, she'll literally be crossed with you for a week if you took her happy hut. However, when she laid eggs in there (that silly bird) it became a big mess and we threw it out. This purple one that the baby is in, used to be Mushi's but when Mango and Mushi got introduced to each other, they shared the one in Mango's cage. So I gave this to the babies, but for some reasons, it started stinking really bad... So we threw it out. Currently, we don't have any happy huts. :D My birds never go into any trouble with their happy hut... But since reading some stories on here, I'm not planning on buying another one.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
They are so silly! Sometimes I accidently leave the Treat jar open en henkie Will be into it in less than a minute! And I have to try and get a Treat somewhere to take him off it, otherwise there is a chance he might try and shorten one of my fingers:lol:
He likes to try and drink coke as well:shifty:
image.jpeg

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
@fluffypoptarts

Thank you :D Your birds are adorable as well!

Well tbh, regarding the happy hut Mango LOVES her happy hut, she'll literally be crossed with you for a week if you took her happy hut. However, when she laid eggs in there (that silly bird) it became a big mess and we threw it out. This purple one that the baby is in, used to be Mushi's but when Mango and Mushi got introduced to each other, they shared the one in Mango's cage. So I gave this to the babies, but for some reasons, it started stinking really bad... So we threw it out. Currently, we don't have any happy huts. :D My birds never go into any trouble with their happy hut... But since reading some stories on here, I'm not planning on buying another one.
They often do love them, but they are so problematic. Besides the possibility that they encourage nesting, they are death traps. Not even a couple of days ago someone posted here about how one of their birds got tangled in a loose thread while they weren't home, and died. It's sadly common. They should not be sold. Birds don't need a cuddly place to sleep; they'll do fine with just a perch.

Mango+Mushi

Meeting neighbors
@Garet I have it, but I just gotta find it :p When I find it, I'll post it :)

@LunaLovebird Yeah, if such incidents happen like that it shouldn't be sold, but they just want money. I'm just glad nothing happened to my birds. Mango and Mush sleep on a perch or inside the nestbox, as for the babies they sleep on a perch or this little basket we put down for them.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
My two just have to pick ridiculilous places to sleep in:shifty::lol: Fëanor slept on a perch for three days while he was caged, but after that he slept on plant pots, between the leaves of plants, and after that he decided to get a permanent sleep spot next to henkie, all the way up to the ceiling om a thick curtain holder:meh::rofl:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I took my hut out as per the advice here, and now Ollie climbs to the very upper corner of the cage, places a foot on either side of the corner, and sleeps hanging up there.

It's such an odd place for him to sleep and I almost feel bad, but it is his choice lol. There are plenty of perches for him to sleep on if he would so choose!