• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird Prices

SiennaCR

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sienna Crosby
Hey guys, I’ve got these chicks that I can’t take care of (I’m not a breeder or professional, but i let my lovebirds have chicks this one time)
Anyways I’d like to sell them to earn back most the money I’ve spent on my lovebirds ($200 cage, $50 food ever couple of weeks, toys, etc etc). What prices would you put these chicks up for in a location like Canada? (So in CAD) I’ve posted them on Facebook and apparently their quite rare colours. I have five chicks and apparently their colours are: turquoise opaline, green pied, turquoise edge dilute, green opaline pied, and green opaline. I will add pictures of what they look like. Also they are all friendly and hand tame. I let the parents raise them but always took them out for several hours a day in increments throughout the day to get used to humans. Mom is a green opaline split to blue and dad is an aqua-turquoise split to opaline. (Last 2 pics are them). Also feel free to correct me on any of the mutations I’ve listed! I’m just using information I was told by other lovebird breeders.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Where I am in Canada, Kijiji lovebirds are advertised for around $200 each, but I've no idea about rare colours, species, etc., & don't own lovebirds or know if the ones I've seen are from good breeders.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Mom is a green opaline split to blue and dad is an aqua-turquoise split to opaline.
Both parents are split edge dilute too. It´s non visible but the chick proves they are both split.

Ultimately if you´re not a breeder, just choose a price you think is fair. Look at other current listings in your area to see what they usually sell for.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They’re beautiful! Make sure the price isn’t too low in order to somewhat discourage impulse buyers, etc. Please, please screen potential owners carefully so that your babies go to great homes! :heart:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That's a very good point, fluffypoptarts! There are ads on Kijiji constantly here about taking in free birds to a good home. They are never not there, they don't adopt out & they're never at capacity. I find this disturbing & hope the recent ads I saw for free birds (budgie, parrotlet, forget the third) didn't go to such a place.