• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Lovebird issue with wing

S. Ali

Moving in
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to get some input on my birds wing before I visit a vet to see if anyone has experienced the same with their bird and has any suggestions. I’ve noticed the right wing of my male lovebird Milo has been sticking out. I’m not sure what caused this but the wing sometimes quivers and he seems to be more quiet. He still plays and moves around his cage but his activity has decreased. I’m really worried the wing got dislocated, or sprained. I’ve seen some threads about irritated feathers sometimes causing strain but not sure if this is related to that. Any thoughts is appreciated!

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I would just head to the vet to get to the bottom of this sooner rather than later. Tends to be the quicker you can isolate the problem, the better the chance of fixing it.
Could be so many different things, not much point us all sitting here speculating as ultimately you will need the vet to aid treatment.

S. Ali

Moving in
Yes I agree the vet would know best. I do have an appointment booked in a a couple days. But was just curious before then if anyone experienced something similar with their bird but I know it’s tricky to know from a photo.