• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird is flying around the neighborhood

Chandler101

Meeting neighbors
Sorry to hear this! I hope he comes back soon.

If you can't have your conure outside for any reason, or can't take him round your neighborhood, maybe try recording him and playing that as well?
The conure is very tame and the person i bought him from has his wings clipped. I did try and tempt Kano with him...but he flew away. He was in the tree playing with another bird. At this time im getting the feeling its not going to happen. I was reading at day 3 they start to become dehydrated so they become much easier to catch. See what happens.

Chandler101

Meeting neighbors
This happened to me three days ago! Our flock cage with 7 birds was found with a door ajar (these are crafty birds!). 6 birds were out. I have them in an enclosed overhang area adjacent to my front door that is screened in. Two of them stayed around and on the cage of their birth parents(!) inside the secondary screened area. We recaptured them. One (a hand trained who loves my wife) just stayed in the flock cage, the remaining three were free. The next day one of the three jailbirds returned to our upper balcony! We tried to induce him to get caught. It seemed like he was attracted by the sounds of our other birds (which Im sure he recognized). We put the flock cage outside (its on wheel) and he landed on it. Long story short we trapped him (he seemed to cooperate!) and returned him to the flock cage (which you can bet has now got characteristics of a Federal Super Max).

The point of the story is you never know. I would suggest you just offer attractions that are familiar as well as inducing and hope for the best. Running around the neighborhood yelling its name etc seems *to me* like clapping for Tinkerbelle.

Yes it can happen. Good luck.
Thanks for that...I’m honestly feeling kinda defeated and worried i wont get him back in time to save him...so stories like that are helpful!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The ray of hope here is that you keep spotting him. Some don´t have that luck. Keep trying. Play some lovebird recordings. I´ll go get a file for you to play.

edit; here is the file;
It is 10 minutes, put it on loop if you like. I hope it helps!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:cheer: Excellent news. What a relief!!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I am so happy for you!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Hopefully he will get some water soon. Have you seen him drink?

He's been a busy boy!

D

Deleted member 29421

He‘s worn out, eating with his eyes closed...might be a vet trip in order. Have to keep a close eye on him. And thanks guys!
At the very least I would treat him for mites. Id worry that his perching in trees where wild birds have been, he may have picked up mites.

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Hopefully he will get some water soon. Have you seen him drink?

He's been a busy boy!
On this, be careful he doesn’t overdo it. He will be dehydrated but don’t let him drink heaps of water all at once. I’m so glad he’s back!

Chandler101

Meeting neighbors
Yea I’m going look into the steps for mite treatment for sure, i was thinking the same. And I’ll watch him with the water (he did drink immediately), He’s asleep now.

Reactions: Ali

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Fantastic update!!! I´m so happy for you both!! :yah:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just read the thread and great that your lovebird has found his way home.