• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Lovebird injured

abby101

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sage
Hi everyone, I have a lovebird named Abby and recently she and my other lovebird were fighting and ended up attacking each other. My other lovebird wouldn’t let go over her toe and it was bleeding very bad. It’s been a week and the bleeding stopped on the second day. It turned very black but then it started clearing up. Now it’s yellow but she’s limping everywhere and she doesn’t put any weight on it. I can’t afford to go to the vet since I just took my other lovebird and she died. Here’s a picture of her foot right now. Please let me know what I can do. 3E1DAE7D-A0ED-43D0-855F-E98CD613EB06.jpeg 3E1DAE7D-A0ED-43D0-855F-E98CD613EB06.jpeg

Jogging around the block
Is there anything you can do to get her to a vet at all? Selling unneeded things, a person you could loan money from, ect?
I'm no expert,but that looks quite worrying to me. I'm not much help of what you could do at home sorry.
@Zara?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sorry I don't know what can be done at home. I would be heading to the vet before it gets any worse.

I know it is a lot when all the bills are all at once. But try to ask a friend or family member to help you out and pay them back later when finances are better.
If you're in the USA, you can apply for care credit.