• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

lovebird genetics!

Hasrat1

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hasrat Kaur
hey! so I am about to get a female lovebird for my male I have no intentions of breeding them for profit but I am curious as to what colors the chicks might be if I decided to let them hatch chicks! so I'm pretty sure my male is lutino (completely yellow with red color that stops at his forehead + some red on his tail) and i think the female is dutch blue so what color chicks can they produce?

female.jpg female Male.jpg Male

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is difficult to say without knowing more about their ancestral genetic background (meaning what mutations that they are possibly split to), but if all that you are asking is the know possibilities, then you could use this calculator to tell you: Genetic Calculator 1.3 Peachfaced Lovebird . You can also then add any possible splits to the "equation" if you have seen either birds parents.

Hasrat1

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hasrat Kaur
That is difficult to say without knowing more about their ancestral genetic background (meaning what mutations that they are possibly split to), but if all that you are asking is the know possibilities, then you could use this calculator to tell you: Genetic Calculator 1.3 Peachfaced Lovebird . You can also then add any possible splits to the "equation" if you have seen either birds parents.
I cant figure out how to use it the only thing i understand from that website is that 1.0 is male and 0.1 is female

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You just click the boxes that correspond to the mutations that your birds, or hypothetical birds, have.
Here is an example:

98317495.png

In this example the male bird, the first set is: visually dark- double factor (df); visually ino (commonly known as lutino); split to (a mutation the bird has but is not visible)- recessive pied.
In this example the female bird, the second set is: visually orange face; split to (a mutation the bird has but is not visible)- aqua.

Once you click the boxes/circles, you just click generate and it gives you the possibilities.