• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird crashes into wall

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How long have you had them and how old are they?

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
:welcome2:
If they have clipped wings and or just learning to fly there is a learning curve.
You want to have curtains or bkind across windows. And take them on tours of the house sbd hold thrm close to walls and tap on walls.
Do dhirt ealks out from csge sbd back to cage helps thrm map flight path.

Jan_FL

Checking out the neighborhood
:welcome2:
If they have clipped wings and or just learning to fly there is a learning curve.
You want to have curtains or bkind across windows. And take them on tours of the house sbd hold thrm close to walls and tap on walls.
Do dhirt ealks out from csge sbd back to cage helps thrm map flight path.
It was one of our new youngs ones we got at 2 weeks and been hand feeding, took first flight about 4+ weeks old, hit the wall at about 6 weeks, I think. He/she was stunned but appeared ok. It was very solitary and very quiet, obviously healing for a day and much same next day but was eating and drinking and was fine back to normal 3rd day. Very chatty again.

MintyLove

Moving in
Real Name
Callie
I have a 12 year old lovebird. There's been a couple instances recently at night in which he started to panick, seemed uncoordinated (i.e., frantically flew right passed me) and hit the wall and fell to the ground. The vet said birds can get spooked from various things we may not notice and that given his age, it's likely that his vision (especially at night) and grip are becoming weaker. I agree and think that stress (being tired and wanting to go to bed) may have contributed to the panick onset. I've also seen him engage in this random wall hitting behavior a few other times over his lifetime (including in the day). When these events occured, I picked him up and comforted him in a quiet room to help him relax. He always seemed fine soon after.

Last edited: