• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird broken Egg inside ¿?

Lucy

Moving in
Real Name
emilia
Hi All,hope you can help me with this , as its my first time and im driving my mum , friends and im pretty sure my vet crazy already

My little girl laid her first egg with no problem...The second one was a really tough one, and i took her to the vet , she was fine but im paranoid that something was not right there and lucky i went, they had to break the egg and take all they could from the inside as it was in a really bad position..from that day her mood was totally different..eating ok, drinking fine but she was too quiet, so i took her again to the vet ( i cannot stand see her weird..) and they just gave me antiinflamatories, as with sedation and manipulation maybe she got infection,, so 10 days with these pills..ok,

After that i notice some yellow spots on her bottom..i took some pics, called the vet once again ( im pretty sure he hates me ) and he said i just should watch if it gets more yellow spots or is reducing as he dsnt know.. after that her mood a bit better.. but YESTERDAY she was a bit weird, trying to "poo" and nothing,.. and finally she "pooped" an egg, but i was shocked as wasnt normal, it was broken ( i will try to add a pic ) after that she was sleepy ,normal, and then she was fine.. today she has a good mood and singing and playing..but im concern that it can get pritonitis ( reading too much internet maybe ) and me paranoid , should i go AGAIN to the vet, wait to see her behaviour first? she seems today fine and playing eating , im just afraid paranoid mamma .. :( pls help! what should i do? Thankssss
20220516_192957.jpg Screenshot_20220517-203657_WhatsApp.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
Bump is to refresh your thread and bring it to the front for more attention.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Have you spoken to the vet since she laid the egg? Your vet does not hate you and when they say to monitor the situation and let them know what happens, this is exactly the thing your vet should be informed off :)

This is a medical issue and a veterinary medical doctor is the best person to help you. I would so give you advice if I had some to give but if my bird laid an egg like that I would be all over my vet about it.

Having been to an appointment already you should be able to call and consult with your vet on the phone and see if she need to come in or not. See if you can email the same info that you posted here along with the pictures and see if you can get a medical opinion.

You obviously want to take good care of your bird, just keep working with you vet if you trust them. If you do not then try and get a different vet. Also you can take the opportunity to ask him any questions about how things work or what could be happening.

When I go to the vet I always have a list of things I was wondering about :)

Lucy

Moving in
Real Name
emilia
Have you spoken to the vet since she laid the egg? Your vet does not hate you and when they say to monitor the situation and let them know what happens, this is exactly the thing your vet should be informed off :)

This is a medical issue and a veterinary medical doctor is the best person to help you. I would so give you advice if I had some to give but if my bird laid an egg like that I would be all over my vet about it.

Having been to an appointment already you should be able to call and consult with your vet on the phone and see if she need to come in or not. See if you can email the same info that you posted here along with the pictures and see if you can get a medical opinion.

You obviously want to take good care of your bird, just keep working with you vet if you trust them. If you do not then try and get a different vet. Also you can take the opportunity to ask him any questions about how things work or what could be happening.

When I go to the vet I always have a list of things I was wondering about :)

Gracias! es que cada vez que voy o llamo siento que tienen prisas por despacharme, son buenos vets al menos, me he dado ya un tour hasta encontrar alguien q sepa realmente porque la primera vet que fue y segunda me decian de cortarle las alas y le mandaron cosas que NO es bueno para pajaros.

Hoy sigue bien de animo, pero necesito confirmacion de que realmente este bien, se que ellos se hacen los fuertes... Hoy a la tarde la voy a llevar otra vez y a ver que me dicen ! Gracias!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Gracias! es que cada vez que voy o llamo siento que tienen prisas por despacharme, son buenos vets al menos, me he dado ya un tour hasta encontrar alguien q sepa realmente porque la primera vet que fue y segunda me decian de cortarle las alas y le mandaron cosas que NO es bueno para pajaros.

Hoy sigue bien de animo, pero necesito confirmacion de que realmente este bien, se que ellos se hacen los fuertes... Hoy a la tarde la voy a llevar otra vez y a ver que me dicen ! Gracias!
It might depend on the vet. Are they certified avian vets or vets who see and really know birds. Some vets will see birds but are not experts. If you don't feel like you are getting the care you need for your bird then you could look for a different vet. I have seen vets that don't always get it right but they are usually trying to their best but if you have an option to see a different one that is sometimes a good idea.

What country and area do you live in?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
es que cada vez que voy o llamo siento que tienen prisas por despacharme
I agree with what Laurie said, if there´s a problem or you feel you´re not receiving a good service, look for another vet.

If you live in Gib, you might want to consider crossing the border and coming here for vet care as I assume there will be very few avail. there. We have plenty of vets along the coast, but be sure you are aware of requirements to cross the border both ways with your bird before doing so.

Lucy

Moving in
Real Name
emilia
I agree with what Laurie said, if there´s a problem or you feel you´re not receiving a good service, look for another vet.

If you live in Gib, you might want to consider crossing the border and coming here for vet care as I assume there will be very few avail. there. We have plenty of vets along the coast, but be sure you are aware of requirements to cross the border both ways with your bird before doing so.
Oh well my vet is in spain too! I already tried a few who i thought werent givimg her the proper medicine,,,a few mistakes,and also asked me twice why dnt cut a bit of her feathers(wings) ...i said thats a nono.
This one is the best so far!already went to check and she is fine, thnk u

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge