• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird Breeders?

Missyszlee

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Missy
Hello!
I’m looking for a Lovebird breeder and all of my research brings me to dead links.. anyone here have any insight or contacts they could connect me with?
Thanks!
Missy

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I don't know if you're open to adopting, but a lot of rescues have lovies. You can check on Petfinder, many rescues list their birds there.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Any you could recommend? Maybe they’ll ship or I could fly to Vegas..
Unfortunately, I've been gone since 1992... Try the LVAS-- Las Vegas Avicultural Society. In my time, most if not all, the breeders were members! Arizona also [back then] had a thriving and large bird club. Chicago also had a large LB breeder [with some beautiful mutations]...

PLEASE let me know what you find out!

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
@Missyszlee -- have you contacted any Avian Vets out there?
FYI-- Dr. Scott McDonald goes nation-wide doing mobile checks on birds. Tho he is in Chicago, he goes frequently [at least he used to] all the way to California, making scheduled stops inbetween. 630-654-3580 is his office. [was].
Again, please let me know what you find out! thx.

Gigibirds

Oh, I used to live right around San Fransisco! There was this AMAZING bird breeder/shop called "Featherd Follies". They are/did move locations a bit (not to a different state - just a different building I believe), so I don't know if they are open again yet. But they have amazingly healthy, beautiful, sweet and just wonderful birds there! They don't necesarily always have every bird, but I would check it out for sure. Also if you wanted to adopt, there's Mickaboo Bird Rescue, and lastly Craigslist. So those are the places I know, and I would definitely suggest checking them out! Good luck!