• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Love is in the air tonight.

London

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Gracelyn
I dont know if this is the right place to post this but i am just so happy right now i need to share!!! My two boys London(cockatiel) and Journey (Parakeet) have been living together for about 2-3 months now. But i felt like they didnt fully bond. Well to night i think they have. They were "giving kisses" and London got Journey to preen him! :) :) :) :) :) :) I do have a question is it normal for one bird to take the preening but not preen the other one? I am so happy. DSCF0300.JPG DSCF0290.JPG DSCF0284.JPG

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awwwww, mutual preening will come :heart:

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
AAHH That's so great =my budgie attack/ buzzed every bird but a female budgie. What a sweetie!!!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I used to have a cherry headed conure and a cockatiel that were cage buddies. The tiel (Casey, still have her!) always preened Noel (he has since passed on), but Noel never returned the favor. Although Casey enjoys getting scritches from me, she has never accepted scritches from another bird, because the only bird she would have never gave her any! (although I and a budgie once did trick her..... budgie saw me scritching her head and he moved on over, wanting to preen her, too... worked for only a few seconds when she realized it was no longer me! :rofl: )

Cute photos! :)

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Awwwww sweet pics and true love is in the air :D as for preening they may preen each other in time and they may not.

I have always had budgies that either liked being preened by other budgies yet would not return the gesture. I recently had 2 budgies but one passed away... during their years together neither of these boys ever preened each other which I thought was odd I hoped they'd grow into it but they never did.

London

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Gracelyn
I was really shocked when London let him, it takes him forever to let a knew person even hold him. He has warmed up really fast :heart: I am so happy for my guys :dance4: