• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Louie wants to meet his new sister?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glitterbird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Natalie
My extremely outgoing sky blue opaline male, Louie, was ecstatic when I brought my new little baby, known as Sugar for the moment (until the gender is finalized as female), into the room in her "cottage" (I have a ranch style cage for quarantine!). I put her in the corner, about 12 feet across the room from the main cage, which is elevated about 5 1/2 feet high. She has the cutest little squeak of a voice and said a few things when I put her cage down. Louie, upon seeing the cage come in, immediately flew over, landing on the top of it. He squawked at her a bit before flying back to the main cage. He kept flying back and forth between the two. It's been about three weeks since I got my new one from a local breeder, and she is certified healthy from a vet. I'm just terrified to put her in with the others. I'm not sure if Louie is being territorial or is just curious. He's never been a violent or aggressive bird, even when I brought a new male in a few months ago. Sugar doesn't seem to have a dominant persona anyways.
Could I put Sugar in soon? Your thoughts?

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
What about instead of both "in", letting both" "out" so there is more room to negotiate and maneuver at first? Just an idea. Is there any kind of playstand? Or something you could makeshift?

Status
Not open for further replies.