• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lots of urine in poop?(Cockatiel)

CateyBear

Hit the Road
My cockatiel Bernie:tiel4:(Female) is over 10 years old(I do not know exact age) I inherited her from my grandmother. I've kept a close eye on her and saw that her poops are really runny and watery. She poops a lot, more then my other cockatiel does and sometimes it is small poops and then watery poops. She did get a diet change a few weeks ago, she had been on parakeet seed for 10+ years before I got her on cockatiel pellets. Is she okay?

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
Did she eat lots of fruits/veggies, have a bath or have a drink before those poops?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Is she eating all pellets and no seeds? An all pellet diet can be hard on a tiel's kidneys. I am a believer that tiels should have seeds in their diet as they are granivores. It's great that you got her off of all seeds because that's not good either but I think a combination is better. Plus fresh vegetables. Also, droppings can be more watery when they're stressed or excited. I think you said you recently got a male in another other post? That may be causing watery droppings too if she is a bit stressed.