• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lotion for my own use

Jean20057

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
Hey every birdie! It's been a looooong time since I've been on and posted, but I need a hand to figure something out.

I recently got a tattoo, and now that it's healing, it's super itchy. I contacted the artist to see what to use, and he recommended a product called hustle butter. It's all natural, but I want to make absolutely sure that the ingredient's smell won't be an issue.

Btw, one of my budgies has a respiratory issue right now.

Made from the finest ingredients: Shea, Mango and Aloe Butters, Coconut, Sunflower and Rice Bran Oils, Rosemary Oleoresin, Green Tea, Vitamin E Complex & Mint Arvenis Essential Oil. With Essence of Papaya and Coconut.

Last edited:

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Never heard of it before. I have really sensitive skin so the only thing I could use on my tatts was unscented Aveeno Lotion.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I use tattoo goo to maintain colour. I used it to heal a prev. tattoo before I had birds.
A new tattoo will itch. I used bepanthol on my leg tattoo when I had the first session, i found it helped the itching too it is the same as bepanthen (baby bum cream) so it has that soothing feel.

I know hustle butter, I know the smell. It´s very nice but it is strong. It is a good cream though. Have you already bought this product? Where is your tattoo and how big is it?

For my latest I had the plastic sheet ¨sticker¨ thing. So it was put on then the next morning i took it off, washed and replaced it with another for a few days and that was it. Healed. I would 100% recommend it to any bird owners as it is an impermeable barrier and no creams needed, no ink on the bed sheets and no itching. It was like sorcery.

Reactions: tka

Jean20057

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
I use tattoo goo to maintain colour. I used it to heal a prev. tattoo before I had birds.
A new tattoo will itch. I used bepanthol on my leg tattoo when I had the first session, i found it helped the itching too it is the same as bepanthen (baby bum cream) so it has that soothing feel.

I know hustle butter, I know the smell. It´s very nice but it is strong. It is a good cream though. Have you already bought this product? Where is your tattoo and how big is it?

For my latest I had the plastic sheet ¨sticker¨ thing. So it was put on then the next morning i took it off, washed and replaced it with another for a few days and that was it. Healed. I would 100% recommend it to any bird owners as it is an impermeable barrier and no creams needed, no ink on the bed sheets and no itching. It was like sorcery.

I'll say it's probably 3x3 space on the outside of my right ankle. Are you talking about plastic wrap? I wouldn't mind trying something other than lotion, but is it too late since it's already been out for awhile and already peeling and scanned and itching like crazy, lol?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
If you haven´t bought the butter, buy Bepanthol. It doesn´t smell it will soothe the itch. It will be fine around your birds, but don´t let them lick it or touch it as that is not good for you or the bird. As your tattoo is quite small and so low to the ground it should be easy to keep it away from everyone.

Remember, don´t pick. I know it´s hard.

Keep the plastic in mind if you ever go for more ink. It´s the most incredible thing.

Jean20057

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
If you haven´t bought the butter, buy Bepanthol. It doesn´t smell it will soothe the itch. It will be fine around your birds, but don´t let them lick it or touch it as that is not good for you or the bird. As your tattoo is quite small and so low to the ground it should be easy to keep it away from everyone.

Remember, don´t pick. I know it´s hard.

Keep the plastic in mind if you ever go for more ink. It´s the most incredible thing.

Any idea where I can get it? I'm having trouble for some reason finding it locally.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Last edited:

Jean20057

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
Shoot ok. Maybe I'll be able to find it on Amazon. Maybe I can get it in 2 days with prime. Thanks so much for your help!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Yea, bepanthol. 30g is plenty for a small tattoo. and whatevers leftover can go in your first aid kit.

Jean20057

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
Great! I ordered it and it should be here on Tuesday! And my budgie Misty says pa-cheep pa-cheep peep peep peep! She was screaming at me when I was writing this, lmao

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:lol:Cute!
¨All¨ my birds are sleeping. It´s 2.26am:blink: Adelie is sitting under my hair, i know he´s awake because he pooped on my back :(

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd be worried about putting mint essential oil on what is essentially a wound. I have sensitive skin to the extent that using mint shower gels is physically painful - I would not want the oil anywhere near a tattoo!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I'd be worried about putting mint essential oil on what is essentially a wound. I have sensitive skin to the extent that using mint shower gels is physically painful - I would not want the oil anywhere near a tattoo!
Yea, you can feel a slight tingle. It´s not painful, maybe because it doesn´t contain a lot (?) but your skin is super sensitive after tattooing.

Jean20057

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
I have been using Aveeno, which is fine, but it doesn't really control the itch enough, lol

Jean20057

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
:lol:Cute!
¨All¨ my birds are sleeping. It´s 2.26am:blink: Adelie is sitting under my hair, i know he´s awake because he pooped on my back :(

And they do poop in their sleep, lol. When I had 7, they were all in 1 cage, and at night they would all poop in unison! It was hilarious!

Jean20057

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
My skin isn't too sensitive as far as lotion goes. I've got a horrible nickel allergy, though.