• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lost two tail feathers

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
999158B1-9A9B-436B-8E64-4454804583A0.jpeg 0CAABF93-5A58-43D4-A75C-218BBA04C087.jpeg Pitchy has lost two tail feathers in 3 days. Is that normal? Seems his usual self otherwise.

KiwiConure

Strolling the yard
When Kiwi started her big full-body molt in the spring, she lost two tail feathers within the first week, so I wouldnt be concerned! They look healthy near the base, like it fell out naturally and wasn't plucked or pulled. Kiwi lost a few rapidly and then went a little while without losing a tail or wing feather as new ones grew, and then would lose in bulk again!

KiwiConure

Strolling the yard
When Kiwi started her big full-body molt in the spring, she lost two tail feathers within the first week, so I wouldnt be concerned! They look healthy near the base, like it fell out naturally and wasn't plucked or pulled. Kiwi lost a few rapidly and then went a little while without losing a tail or wing feather as new ones grew, and then would lose in bulk again!
And he seems to have a few pins on his face, so I would say it's just his molt! He's beautiful!

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Ah ha! Thank you. I figured but it’s always reassuring to hear it from more experienced parronts.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
As above Mojo lost a few in quick succession.

Pitchy looks like he owns the place in that picture :laughing2:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes for large feathers like tails and flights, when they are molting they lose the symmetrical feathers on both sides so as to not be unbalanced :) So losing 2 feathers within a day or two is totally normal.