• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lost my sandwich to the dreaded splatter

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
In case anyone needs a good laugh: I had made myself a grilled cheese sandwich, using the last of my cheese. I was seriously looking foward to it, and then I made the worst decision as I held my plate: let the linnies out before starting to eat. Sprite came out first, flew nearby but above me (this is normal), and as I was getting Jellybean out, down came an extra extra messy wet poop from Sprite. It splatted on the poop area below, which was right about the same height I was holding that beloved sandwich. It splattered on me, across my sandwich, my plate, and on the wall. Soooo gross, and I had to toss the food. Talk about disappointment, and now I have to wait for another grocery run! Lol.

So I'm interested in the poop thing, actually. Sprite averages 56 grams and almost every poop is wet and gross (some are just 'extra'), unless he's been out of the cage for a long time. Blueberry and JellyBean both weigh in the 40s range and they never, and I do mean never, have messy poops! Some are larger than others, but they're always put together. All of them are on exactly the same diet, and even if they've just had fruit, still not messy for those two. I find it hard to believe it's the size difference between the birds, but ?? What do you think?

-NG

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OMG, you didn't get your sandwich!!! So sorry. :wtf:

Gigi squirts out one crazy liquidy poop sometime in the morning. It's shocking.
The rest of her poops are reasonable and formed, but frequent. She weighs 52 grams.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Mine have some variation, too. If they had a piece of apple then it's the really runny type, ie extra moisture. And mine have definitely got it on the wall, too!

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Losing the sandwich was a bit of a minor travesty, that's for sure :roflmao: This morning I awoke and wondered if maybe the poop difference is as simple as Sprite drinking more water than the other two?? You'd think being in the same room basically 24/7 for the last 3.5 weeks I'd have paid attention to that. But no. Lots of times now I see the two of them drinking at the same time, which I think is cute.