• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

lost my baby

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
He was beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss. It really sucks when they go before their time.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so sorry for your loss

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
Ive been a lurker on the site for some time and felt like I needed to do this to help grieve. I have been terribly sad over the loss of my precious pineapple green cheek Toruk. On Wednesday he was absolutely fine, eating dinner with me and snuggling with me just like usual. On Thursday I came home and he was at the bottom of his cage, struggling to breath. I rushed him to the vet, but he did not make it. They said he died of an intestinal bleed of unknown origin. I am devastated. I did, at least get to say goodbye. He was only 7 and I planned on a lot more years with him. His cage mate has been with him her whole life. They were only 6 months apart. She bonded to him and not really us. Its been so hard on her and my heart aches for she keeps trying to find him. All I know is I will miss my peanut and his quirky antics. He had such personality and I know he loved me. RIP sweet baby. I will miss you.
I am so sorry for your loss. IMO, nothing is worse than a sudden unexplained loss. The grief is almost overwhelming in intensity but it will get better in time. Big hug to you.