• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lost conure Lakewood, OH (awesome update post #26)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you find him soon. If you can post your fb page here somehow? Or some information. I will post on our rescue's fb page. We're in Western PA. But we have people in OH that follow us. Also, I don't know if you're anywhere near Parrot Hope rescue but maybe contact them too and see if they an share info. Or maybe you can post on our rescue's page. It's Pearl Rescue. (Parrot Education Adoption and Rescue League).

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
I'm really sorry, I hope that you find your bird soon. Don't give up though, and I'll be sending prayers your way.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I hope you find him soon. If you can post your fb page here somehow? Or some information. I will post on our rescue's fb page. We're in Western PA. But we have people in OH that follow us. Also, I don't know if you're anywhere near Parrot Hope rescue but maybe contact them too and see if they an share info. Or maybe you can post on our rescue's page. It's Pearl Rescue. (Parrot Education Adoption and Rescue League).
My fb page? I don't normally use fb but of course now I'm on to utilize the groups.

Here's a Pic. He's a male black capped conure, named Galahad, very shy, fully flighted. Not banded (vet took it off) he has white "scale" looking feathers around his neck and red patches on his wings. He got out at Andrews and Clifton in Lakewood and was last seen heading east.

Any extra bit helps!

Attachments

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd also keep an eye on the birds for sale online in your area. Most people won't be able to identify his species, but they'll know enough to know he's not a budgie &, unfortunately, someone may try to profit from this. Paying a ransom is better than losing your friend.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
HE'S HOME! An elderly man about 0.3 miles away found him in his backyard and his neighbor had seen the posting about him on Facebook and noticed how local it was. The man gave him water and bird seed. As soon as he heard me he started chirping!

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
HE'S HOME! An elderly man about 0.3 miles away found him in his backyard and his neighbor had seen the posting about him on Facebook and noticed how local it was. The man gave him water and bird seed. As soon as he heard me he started chirping!
Yay! That's wonderful!
I'm so happy for both of you!! :happydance:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
The people were so happy to find the owner and I'm sure I looked like a crazy person because I was sooooooo relieved! But who cares haha

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my God, I was reading and having a full blown panic attack for you! I am just so happy to hear this happy ending Leih!

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
That is wonderful! This is news I needed today.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Oh my God, I was reading and having a full blown panic attack for you! I am just so happy to hear this happy ending Leih!
Yes! You can imagine how I felt! Yesterday I was completely hysterical. Today I tried to keep it together and go look for him, although it's probably the hottest day of the year right now. And I know humans are imperfect and accidents happen, but I was so mad at myself! And I couldn't stop thinking about him being out all night by himself. I just got him settled into bed after letting him eat and drink a lot.