• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LOST COCKATIEL URGENT

lilous mom

Sitting on the front steps
20201027_171901.jpg

We lost him yesterday around 11:30AM in the East Windsor NJ area and have been looking for him since. We're really hoping he's okay or someone took him in but I have no idea what to expect or how to deal with this. It's going to be in the 30s tonight and its raining tomorrow and it rained last night. We last saw him right in our neighborhood at like 3PM yesterday but we haven't seen him since or heard him either. We don't even know if he's in the same neighborhood anymore. I've read so many stories that I can't help but think that he's just right here somewhere under our noses, but it was so so windy today and it was windy yesterday too so I have no idea what to think or how far to go. I don't know how long to keep looking or how to move on. He's our first family pet, we've only had him for a year and a half, he's just a baby. My mom spent the most time with him at home, and I don't know how to help her or what to do for her because all she did was look after him every day and now he's gone and I don't know what I can tell her to do other than just staring at his cage. I know grief takes time, I know Lilou might still come home, I just don't know what to do right now. Any support would be appreicated.

Also, we've put up flyers everywhere, gave them to petco, and tomorrow we'll notify the vets (they were closed for easter). I've put up posts in every online platform I possibly can. I don't know what else to do

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Put his cage outside. Familiar things might draw him back. Call for him he could be nearby as well. My grandmother found her budgie by calling for them and putting their cage by the windowsill and the budgie came back. Check Facebook groups (that’s how we found our cat that went missing for 6 months) and even notify animal shelters near by. Hopefully others will be along with advice and I’ll keep his safe return in my prayers!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Notify shelters, rescues, pet stores, by-law, groomers, feed stores, basically anyone who has anything to do with any kind of animal.

A.K

Sprinting down the street
Do everything everyone has mentioned above AND post on social media. I really hope you find him soon

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
These are my tips for helping find a lost bird, I hope there´s something on here that is helpful. Wishing you luck;

Have you listed him on www.parrotalert.com ?
Post in facebook groups,
Email all vets (even cats/dogs ones)
create flyers to post in local shops etc
Walk around the streets calling him
Go around the neighbourhood with pictures asking if anyone has seen him
Check neighbours gardens
Check on top of apartment building roofs
Look in the local park in the trees
Advise local animal services (the pound, rescue centres)
Drop a poster off at the police station, fire station

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Which way was the wind blowing--- cockatiels are long distance flyers-- they soar! Enlarge your search area. Any people have bird feeders in the neighborhood [or farther?]...

Prayers help.

lilous mom

Sitting on the front steps
any luck? if not, this has been on my prayers list, Ive been praying every night for you all <3
Hi thank you so much for checking in and praying for Lilou. We still have not found him. There have been some very similar looking birds found, even one from the same breeder but none of them were him. We're still praying and thinking that these might be signs that we're getting closer. We haven't stopped looking and praying for his return. I'll post when we have an update