• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lost Cat in Beaverdam VA

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Hello everyone! My new cat that I had only for two weeks somehow got out about three weeks ago and I haven't seen him since.
He is very skittish and likes to hide. It's not really because he's scared, that's just the way he is. So if you see him take a picture, do not approach him unless he is coming up to you first.
His name is Thomas he is a longish haired black cat with brown undertones. He also may still have his red collar on.
He was last seen on Shiloh Church Rd by Woodsons Mill and definitely doesn't know the area.
He was not allowed inside at his other house, and was often left without food so he's used to surviving outside. But I wanted him to always have access to warmth and food when I took him in.
He is neutered. And extremely friendly (he didn't even scratch me when I had to give him a bath)
IMG_20200811_211956788.jpg

If you see him please take a picture and message me! I really miss him and hate not knowing where he is. Also he likes sardines and ham!

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
He is beautiful! Have you put out flyers, contacted local shelters, and let people in the area know about him? How about a live trap with tuna in it left in the vicinity that he was last seen in? I am rooting for you both to find one another again.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd also e-mail his picture & a brief description to local vets & pet shops, along with the shelters. There's a live trap Havaheart that you can get at Home Depots. Get the cat/ armadillo/ raccoon size. If you can, offer a small reward too. This gets people looking & may make the difference between him being returned & kept or someone who's unsure it's the right cat making the call. Pepper your town with posters & put a new ad on any relevant online sites daily (Kijiji, Used.com, Craigslist, Facebook, etc.). Love black cats!

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
I have made posters with a reward for a picture and given them/ put them in all of my neighbors mailboxes. The poster has my number and a picture of him in colour. I have also contacted all of the shelters near by. I put out trail cameras with food and all I have seen are tons of possoms, a feral cat, and some mice. I live deep in the woods so he has tons of places to hide. The problem with the traps is that there is a high possibility that I catch a raccoon, possom, or even a skunk so that is why I'm using trail cameras first. Thanks for all the support and suggestions! I hope he comes home or I get him back soon :(