• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lost and found bird stories

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Has your little birdie got out by accident, did she or he return? Share your story

Mine is this...
I was so excited to see my birdies after not seeing them all day, so I ran inside and let my birdies out, but I brought them out of my room and downstairs so they could get a special surprise forgetting that everyone else was coming in the door. For some reason my birdies went straight toward the door, even though my birdies never went through the mud room to get to the door, they did at the worst moment, I closed the door as fast as I could, but only one birdie was in, the other got out. My heart suddenly broke to prices and I started sobbing realizing Quierido might never come back. I grabbed the millit and went outside and called for him even though it was very hard. Sprinkles his bonded pair was at the window calling repetitive times. We opened the window that had the mosquito net so he could call sprinkles back. It was winter, a snow storm was coming in, and night was near. I heard him chirp back to Sprinkles call and we followed it. We spotted him in the neighbors tree so hidden well. The tree branch he was on was right over the tall storage of the neighbor. The tree was pretty big, I called him to come to me so many times, but their was do many dogs barking and barking. I knew quierido was too scared to come down. So I went running to the neighbors house and knocked on the door, he came and I explained frantically how I needed a ladder to climb his storage. He got me his ladder and I climbed up to get on his storage. Normally I wouldn't even talk to a stranger, normally I wouldn't climb a ladder, but none of my normal fears seemed to be in my head. I called quierido over a few times, it was hard to get his attention since he was happy chirping on the cold weather. Finally he came hopping branches to me. As quick as I could I got him into my other hand and brought him home. Now I will never let my birdies downstairs, because just the smallest mistake and they can never return. I am lucky to have my birdie back and will keep them in my room forever, (also me and the neighbor are friends now, strangley he thought I was crying to get a cat out of his tree:hilarious:

Birdmom99

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sab
Yay it’s wonderful you were able to get him back!

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I think the same thing, if he got lost, me and sprinkles would be heart broken

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I forgot to mention that Quierido was biting me harder than ever, the only thing that kept his beak from taking my fingers off was the millit:lol:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Has your little birdie got out by accident, did she or he return? Share your story
Did you know there is a thread for this here;
;)

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Oh, okay:D:rofl: there is like a thread for everything! I'm going to Search up the thread I want to create before creating it now