• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lory with reproductive issues

Lory Life

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Loreli Coleman
Hello,

I am looking for any information from someone that was in the same situation and what they did to help their bird.

Thanks!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That is really not enough information for anyone to comment on the"problem". A lot more information, including what is the issue, how long has it lasted, how old is the bird, how long have you had her, what is her diet - just to start.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Loreli :)

Yes, some more info could be helpful

Lory Life

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Loreli Coleman
Ok, here goes:
She is an 18 yr old Green Nape and I have had her since 2007 (adopted rescue). She is on LoryNectar.com diet and also gets fruits & veggies daily. She is fed the nectar in the morning and at night.
She has been a chronic egg layer and at the end of last year was successfully treated for probable egg peritonitis. She recently had surgery for 2 stuck eggs (one was broken) and thankfully survived. A portion of the oviduct was damaged and removed and the uterus was adhered and not functional.
Two weeks later at her checkup she was forming follicles already so was given a lupron
injection.
I try my best to keep her busy with foraging and toys to distract her from being in reproductive mode.
She is weighed daily so any increases from her appropriate weight range could signal she
is going into reproductive mode.
She has another check up on Friday.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner