• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lorikeet Behavior

Leyla

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Leyla
Hi There,
I have a red lorri, been with me for the past year, earlier today I was taking him out of his cage to have him fly around a bit but he started acting off and attacked me. This is highly unusual for him He usually doesn’t bite either. this was quite weird. Wondering if this has happened to anyone before? It sounds silly but I wasn’t feeling well due to the vaccine, could he have sensed this? Or would it be something hormonal?

elena_2004

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elena
Hi, I have a male lorikeet, I ve had him for a bit more then a year now. On the whole, he s pretty calm but they can get very territorial at times!

It is probably hormonal, but watch out for some other factors that may annoy him. For example, I notice that my lori gets very aggressive around plastic for some reason.

also, they tend to be very protective of their cage / living space at times, so be careful

Leyla

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Leyla
Thanks a lot. What you’re saying makes a lot of sense, I noticed I was wearing a bandaid At the time and he just lost it on that initially and just couldn’t stop afterwards. Usually he’s very loving towards me, but just flipped out. I’ll keep an eye out if it’s just towards the plastic/bandaid incident. Much appreciated!

elena_2004

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elena
No problem! Just watch out for these small things, you never know what might be annoying them!