• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Lorien seems very sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
He feels very thin and frail...plus his feathers are all puffed up. He doesn't feel like he normally does at all.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
don't give up yet -

since he hasn't eaten much, I would offer him a little later on tonight, but don't stress if he doesn't eat

the big thing is to keep him warm, but not hot and hydrated tonight until you can get him to the vet in the morning (add a little water to the mash, like thin oatmeal, this will give him a little extra fluids)

You are doing great with him :hug2:

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
The mash is Banana and water and Mazuri breeder pellets which become liquified. I figure they have extra nutrition in them. I'm gonna check on him right now...

He's still alive. I'm going to sign off now and I'll try to get more in him at midnite and update then. Thanks so much everyone.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
he is so adorable, thoughts and prayers go out to your little baby that he is doing better tomorrow , what a beautiful baby

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
The mash is Banana and water and Mazuri breeder pellets which become liquified. I figure they have extra nutrition in them. I'm gonna check on him right now...

He's still alive. I'm going to sign off now and I'll try to get more in him at midnite and update then. Thanks so much everyone.
the mash you made sounds perfect

let us know how he does tonight, I will be around for awhile yet :)

sending prayers and healing energy for Lorien

Lovebird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kathy
I hope your baby makes it through the night and you can get him to a vet in the morning. Good vibes and warm feelings coming your way.

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
He may just have a bad bacterial infection. You are doing all the right things. Do you have a heating pad? Put that under half of the carrier so that he can stay warm but move away should he become too warm.

Prayers he pulls through.

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Oh no! He is so beautiful. Praying he makes it thru the night =(

MollyMouse

Tim I am so sorry to hear this I am sending out lots of prayers and healing energy to this little one :hug8:

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
You guys on AA are unbelievable. Thank you all so much.

Lorien is still alive. I made a new mash of just the pellets and water and made it more watery this time. I found my feeding syringe and I was able to get a lot more into him this time. He's so weak though. His neck was pretty much limp.

The vet doesn't open until 9AM tomorrow so if he's still with me in the morning I'm going to make sure I'm there at 9AM.

If it wasn't for you guys I know he would be gone already. Once again, thank you so much. I didn't even know this 911 section was on AA.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Just seeing this. I am keeping Lorien in my prayers and hope he makes it though the night. You are doing such a good job caring for him. Hope you can get some rest tonight. :hug5:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Sending positive and healing energy that Lorien will be well.:hug8:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Oh he is beautiful...I pray he will be ok until you get to the vet. Everyone gave you such great advice. I will keep checking this thread for an update.:hug8:

Sapphire Moon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Tim, I will light a candle for Lorien and send healing energy to the both of you. He is just beautiful and I know he feels comforted by you being there with him. Hang in there, its almost morning now.

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I just saw this and want to add my prayers.:hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
You can add some corn syrup to the mash to give him some glucose and bring his blood sugar up. A couple of drops would help.

Ginger

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Just saw this and hoping he is doing better this AM...let us know what the vet says....I also agree with Ginger, a drop or two Karo wouldn't hurt...
Once you get back, make sure you have heat for him!!! this is so very important during this time...:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
WE need an update please.!!!

abbydp

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tara
I am so sorry he is so sick. He is truly beautiful. I am dealing with a sick one too, and this board has been amazing with all of the help and support. Hopefully he made it through the night. I will be thinking of both of you.

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
I checked on Lorien at 6AM and thought he was dead. But when I pulled him from the nest his eye which was still open a sliver blinked. He's completely lifeless at this point now, but he's still fighting. I forced in a very tiny bit of watery mash and held him for a while. I reheated the water bottle and put him back. I'm praying he can hang on these last two hours before 9AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.