• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looks like vomiting , but vet said everything is clear ?

Sheba

Meeting neighbors
Here is the link to the actions I am talking about, does these several times a day ,sometimes after midnight he wakes up doing these too ;

Budgie - Google Drive

He has been doing this "weird-cough-sneeze-trying to vomiting" thing ever since we got him , he seems healthy in every other way so I wasnt too worried about it . It increased in the lest week and he actually straight up vomited 2-3 times (most of the times nothing comes up) , shaking his head right n left and all ; but the seeds were all dry and no vet stuff came out .

(I must add also , he is too curious for his own good and tries to eat/chew everything he can including his poop . I stop him all the time when he is munching on something bad however .)

Everytime he does the actions in the video , to me , he looks uncomfortable as if the action isnt something he is controlling unlike regurgitating . Vet said othevise , that his actions were normal and healthy .

Took him to a vet faculty this morning , they inspected his crop and poop ; results were all clear, nothing bad or unusual . The vet said he is probably regurgitating and that "they do this sometimes when there is nothing to regurgitate to too, it is about hormonal stuff and the increasing of it is about puberty (he is maybe a year old, probably less) , and it isnt unusual for it to disrupt his sleep ." (He also suggested buying a nest which I will be getting to see what happens . )

To me however ?? This doesnt look like regurgitating or normal behaviour at all ! It happens at totally random times and starts all of a sudden, it looks like he isnt able to control it , sometimes continues for a few minutes in fit like forms even . I did see him regurgitate into toys before and I did have an another budgie before him so I can tell the difference... I think ? If the vet is wrong ? Am I wrong ?

Has any one of you guys' budgies behaved like this? Is this actually normal behaviour ??? Because I personally , never seen something like this happenning before . I am happy the results are all clear but, whatever he is doing looks so off I feel like doubting the vet...

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump was posted to bring your thread back to the top of the “what’s new” posts for a better chance at an answer by other members.

Sheba

Meeting neighbors
Bump was posted to bring your thread back to the top of the “what’s new” posts for a better chance at an answer by other members.
Ooh I see , thank you :)

Sheba

Meeting neighbors
Here after a long time, he has stopped doing it after a while and he is fine now : ) . I am writing this update because It may be helpfull to someone else in the future .