• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for toucan breeders and exporters

Gremlin

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi fellow toucan owners !

I'm feom Canada and was wondering if any of you know any toco toucan breeder in Canada.

If not, im looking for a Green billed toucan (ramphastos dicolorus) breeder and/or toco toucan breeder that is willing to export. I previously imported a bird from EFBG and was very pleased with my bird !

Import papiers are a bureaucratic headache, so i would love to find a Canadian breeder but im ready for any procedures if you can recommend an American or European breeder.

Thank you very much !

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Jerry Jennings, the owner of Emerald Forest Bird Gardens, still breeds and exports toco toucans, but to the best of my knowledge has not done so with red-breasted toucans in years. I do not know of anyone else who bothers with exporting CITES species of toucans again.

worksalot2

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Joanne Gifford
Jerry Jennings, the owner of Emerald Forest Bird Gardens, still breeds and exports toco toucans, but to the best of my knowledge has not done so with red-breasted toucans in years. I do not know of anyone else who bothers with exporting CITES species of toucans again.
I acquired a Toco from Jerry (after losing a Swainson's that we had acquired from him before that that we had for about twenty years) not too long ago and was considering acquiring a breeding pair of keel-billed from him very recently. Very reputable and knowledgeable breeder.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomesign: to the site ..

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I acquired a Toco from Jerry (after losing a Swainson's that we had acquired from him before that that we had for about twenty years) not too long ago and was considering acquiring a breeding pair of keel-billed from him very recently. Very reputable and knowledgeable breeder.
I have heard a lecture that he gave, and strongly agree.

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Sorry, Jerry is the only one I'm aware of. Maybe give him a call and see if he knows anyone in Canada?