• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for someone for advice on trying to help a mistreated lovebrird

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad to hear u rescued him, he’s gonna be so much happier!!!
here’s just a basic checklist
-only use ptfe and pfoa free cookware, if it’s nonstick and ur unsure it’s better to scrap it
-no sprays(cleaning or scent), candles
-u already know about getting a bigger cage so I won’t go into that
-I’m assuming he’s on all seed diet from his old home once he’s comfy with you try to transition him to a good quality pellet
-give him a couple if scratches or cuddles on my behalf, he’s such a cutie and I feel bad he had to go through that!

Dania

Strolling the yard
He's a beauty and glad he's getting a happy home.

jzarc17

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jackie
This was such an awesome post to read, I'm so happy to hear you took ownership of this beautiful little bird. You are this little birds angle! He's going to have such a nice life with you, thank you for being so kind and thoughtful :xflove::swoon:

Gigibirds

Is that the type he is? I dont know to much about the different types of lovebirds
Sure looks like it! Either way he is STUNNING! and older than a year I would guess because he has his adult colours...

Rin4354

Moving in
Real Name
Brittany
Glad to hear u rescued him, he’s gonna be so much happier!!!
here’s just a basic checklist
-only use ptfe and pfoa free cookware, if it’s nonstick and ur unsure it’s better to scrap it
-no sprays(cleaning or scent), candles
-u already know about getting a bigger cage so I won’t go into that
-I’m assuming he’s on all seed diet from his old home once he’s comfy with you try to transition him to a good quality pellet
-give him a couple if scratches or cuddles on my behalf, he’s such a cutie and I feel bad he had to go through that!
If he's on the opposite end of my house and isn't in contact with any of these things will he be fine? I've been keeping him in my bedroom and plan on moving him to my computer room since I'm in those rooms the most. I had removed an 8 and one bird protector from his cage when I brought him home I didnt know what it was and found out it was a health hazard and threw it away immediately. And what would be a good pellet to introduce?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
If he's on the opposite end of my house and isn't in contact with any of these things will he be fine? I've been keeping him in my bedroom and plan on moving him to my computer room since I'm in those rooms the most. I had removed an 8 and one bird protector from his cage when I brought him home I didnt know what it was and found out it was a health hazard and threw it away immediately. And what would be a good pellet to introduce?
Can you explain what the 8 and bird protector are please? I’m lost (happens to me quite a bit I’m afraid lol)

Rin4354

Moving in
Real Name
Brittany
Can you explain what the 8 and bird protector are please? I’m lost (happens to me quite a bit I’m afraid lol)
I'm not sure if this is the same brand but its like a little canister thats suppose to prevent mites and lice as well as pervent odors and its supposed to sit in the bottom of the cage under the grating. I read the chemical components are very bad and pet stores shouldn't even sell them since they are so bad but I might be wrong... just didn't want to take a chance on it.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I'm not sure if this is the same brand but its like a little canister thats suppose to prevent mites and lice as well as pervent odors and its supposed to sit in the bottom of the cage under the grating. I read the chemical components are very bad and pet stores shouldn't even sell them since they are so bad but I might be wrong... just didn't want to take a chance on it.
Oh yes I do know what you mean now… I found them kind of things in the aviaries at the house I live in when I moved in.
I have also heard they’re deadly and really shouldn’t be sold or used.
I don’t personally know anything about them.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww I love a happy ending!!! I'm glad he's enjoying his time exploring. Adorable!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Beautiful Lutino Peach-faced lovebird :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What a beautiful lovie. Thank you for helping him/her.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would say not to use the mite thing, I’ve heard stories of peoples birds dying due to them