• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for parrotlet

ddobs

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
David
I'm interested in getting a parrotlet and am considering acquiring a baby OR adopting. Please let me know if you or someone you know has to re-home a parrotlet. Thank you.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hi David,
Are there any shelters near you? You could also check classified ads.
Maybe you coul include your area here so if there´s someone who knows a bird looking for a home or has any advice, they can help :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
If you tell us the general area in which you live, such as the state, we could recommend a rescue to check with. I am not aware of any rescues that ship their birds. Most require a home inspection and/or multiple visits with the bird(s) that you are interested in.

ddobs

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
David
Thanks, all. I'm in Minneapolis and I'm keeping tabs on local rescues/shelters. I understand there are differences in how many visits to a shelter you need to make - so I'm willing to look more widely. Anyway, let me know if you hear anything!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
If you're on facebook, there are often local bird groups where people post if they are either looking for or having to rehome a bird. You could try that. My first suggestion would always be to go to a rescue but I realize they don't always have parrotlets. Our rescue here gets them periodically but not as often as say cockatiels or conues.