• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for parrotlet breeder

ddobs

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
David
I have two budgies and am thinking of adopting a green-rumped parrotlet (housed separately, of course). I'm interested in talking with someone very experienced with GRUMPs who brings up babies with plenty of human TLC. I can't PM anyone because I haven't posted 20 times yet. If you can't PM me, perhaps you can reply to this post. Thanks!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Have you found a green rump parrotlet or are you looking for one? Sorry, I’m a little unsure.

ddobs

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
David
Sorry - to clarify - I'm very interested in green rumps but I have not yet found a breeder to speak with. Thank you!

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Have you considered adopting?
With adopting you can skip the bluffing stage if the rescue parrotlet is older. You can also go through the rewarding journey of adopting. There are so many birds looking for good homes. Or you could look for a rehome.
Saving one bird will not change the world, but it will change the world for that bird.
~Birdhism

ddobs

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
David
I like the idea depending on whether the bird is one that can be worked with and get comfortable with human contact. I suppose the rescue operation would be able to offer some insight into the particular bird. Let me know if you know of a good outfit.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry but there is no one that I have heard good or bad things about who stills breeds parrotlets.

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Where are you located?

ddobs

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
David
Minneapolis. I see you sell supplies, not birds. Any recommendations for a good breeder would be appreciated. When I got my parakeets, I had them shipped Delta and it worked smoothly.