• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for mini macaw

mcsorleyx2

Moving in
Real Name
Robert
Is there anyone that can tell me where I would look if for mini macaws. When is the breeding season. I had a yellow collared macaw that I had to rehome when my twins were born. This decision has always left a vacant spot in my life. If I can get some information about breeders of mini macaws or anyone rehoming a mini macaw, that would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this community. I wish I was part of the community when Rio was in my home.

mcsorleyx2

Moving in
Real Name
Robert
I had a yellow collared macaw name Rio for over 15 years and when my twins were born 10 years ago I was forced to rehome him because being a new parent, I found that I did not spend enough time with him. I didn't want him to be unhappy. It was a very difficult decision.before the kids he would always be with me on me. Hanging oou. Before I was married Rio and I had been through some real tragic times and he was responsible for getting me through to the other side. Life without Rio left a constant vacant spot in my heart and although Rio will not be coming back I can start a new chapter with my new best freind. Thank you for this opportunity to speak with you. God bless.

mcsorleyx2

Moving in
Real Name
Robert
I had a yellow collared macaw name Rio for over 15 years and when my twins were born 10 years ago I was forced to rehome him because being a new parent, I found that I did not spend enough time with him. I didn't want him to be unhappy. It was a very difficult decision.before the kids he would always be with me on me. Hanging oou. Before I was married Rio and I had been through some real tragic times and he was responsible for getting me through to the other side. Life without Rio left a constant vacant spot in my heart and although Rio will not be coming back I can start a new chapter with my new best freind. Thank you for this opportunity to speak with you. God bless.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
WELCOME to the Avenue!!! :cheer:
I've never had a mini macaw, but always loved them!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Robert 1.welcome signs.gif

Good luck on your search :)

Ps, please refrain from creating duplicate threads. This way all your responses will be here in one place ;)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Usually spring to summer is breeding season, but some in captivity will breed off that time frame or year round.

Where are you located? That might help :) I'm not sure of any breeders myself but sometime else might. Yellow collars aren't that common in the US but Hahns can be found fairly easily usually.

mcsorleyx2

Moving in
Real Name
Robert
Usually spring to summer is breeding season, but some in captivity will breed off that time frame or year round.

Where are you located? That might help :) I'm not sure of any breeders myself but sometime else might. Yellow collars aren't that common in the US but Hahns can be found fairly easily usually.
I am in Orlando. Thank so much for the information.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Try local shelters and rescues

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award