• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for Meyers Breeder

Weitbirb

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Michael
Hello, I’ve been looking into Meyers and GCC but the Meyers seems more in line for the type of bird I’m looking for (individual personalities aside). I live in Northern VA, and have had no luck finding any breeders near me. I’ve reached out to places as far as Florida and NY with no luck. Does anyone know of a breeder that consistently has them on a year by year basis when they’re breeding season is supposed to be?
Thanks for the help.

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
I don't know where he's located, but I know @ddobs got a Meyer's not that long ago. He might have some leads for you.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Karearea

Meeting neighbors
The African Queen down in Florida has a wide variety of poicephalus parrots that breed quite often. I find that she's the main poi breeder in the US -- while there are some others scattered throughout, most only have one or two options to choose from. I've heard lots of great things about her, and her rates aren't super super high.

Edit : Northern Virginian here too!

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
I would buy from Jean at the African Queen if I were to get any african parrot. She is the expert in them and having met her in person she is awesome.