• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for information on mini Macaws

Marko

Checking out the neighborhood
I am a bird lover from Newport News,Va.I have had many parrots,lovebirds,conures,cockatoos,and greys.
I am now looking into mini macaws,specifically severes.
I would love to here about your experience with severes and other mini macaws

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome :)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
:welcome2::welcomesign::hello1:

Mzme

Moving in
Real Name
Mz
Hi there,
I have a Hahns Macaw & a Yellow Collared Macaw. I have no experience with a Severe. I love mini Macaws, their size is perfect and they have such big personalities.
my Hahns Macaw is stubborn, bossy, annoying lol she annoys my other birds and craves attention she is nippy when she doesn't get her way but she is super affectionate and such a pretty thing. She is a big baby! my Yellow collar was hand raised and put into a breeding aviary for years and never touched we purchased him last year and he is amazing, I can hand feed him, scratch his head, play with him. I had to build some serious trust with him but all worth it. both my mini macs are special and my favourite type of birds. I'd love a red fronted macaw one day but they are $14k here so that wont be happening. I find the mini macs have a lot of depth and can just chill, they take things in and are not so hyperactive as a caique or conure.

darwinparrot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jacob
I have a mature severe macaw named Sweetie and she is a great companion. She was brought home to foster and we fell in love with her personality. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.