• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for Indian Ringneck Breeder

Ira B

Meeting neighbors
Hi. Last month I lost my buddy Jake, my Yellow Napped Amazon that I had for 37 years. I would like to get a fully weaned Indian Ringneck from a breeder. I live in NY. I see many breeders ship their birds by Delta airlines. That was how I got Jake from my brother in California years ago. Has anyone ever dealt with Elysian Aviary in Eau Claire, WI ? I can't find any negative comments about him. Everything is positive that I have seen. He's in Birdbreeders .com and on Facebook. They are great with communication and seem real nice to me. Please let me know if you have any info. Thanks in advance.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bumping for better visibility!

I'm afraid I've never had any dealings with them, but perhaps others have?

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Reach out to the breeder and ask if they have any reviews or highly satisfied customers. In this day and age, wanting to read feedback is very common so they shouldn’t be offended. And if they’re a decent breeder, they’ll probably have lots! Pictures from past purchasers, photos of birthday birds, etc!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am not familiar with that breeder. Another possible option is Silverniteaviary.com. Although I don't see IRNs listed on his website, I think I remember being at an event and he had baby IRNs.... I might be remembering incorrectly. But if he doesn't, he might be able to recommend an IRN breeder to you. He's in the Pittsburgh area. So depending on where you are in NY, not that far. And I'm sorry for your loss of your Amazon.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I know this is old but I thought I would chime in on this breeder. She is a backyard breeder who is more interested in money than birds. She first got started in birds when she bought a grey for her boyfriend’s grey with the idea of breeding. It didn’t work out and we ended up paying through the nose to bring that grey home. We were told that he was six years old but we knew he was much older as he had fairly bad cataracts and really bad arthritis to the point that it was hard for him to perch. This poor baby will haunt me forever for what he had to go through over the next three years battling arthritis bumblefoot, leg amputation and learning to live with one leg. We recently lost him and he was one of the sweetest bidrds I have ever met. In my discussions with Bobbie, she was looking into getting into breeding smaller birds which breaks my heart as it looks like she has succeeded.