• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for greater vasas

KotaSeitz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dakota seitz
Hey guys! I need some help. I’m ready to own a greater vasa. I’ve done a ton of research on the species and fell absolutely in love. If anyone knows of any breeders or shops in the US that might have one I would greatly appreciate the info. Also I want to hear from vasa owners about their experiences with these birds. I know about their unusual physical changes during breeding season, but I would like to know about personal experiences with real owners. Any help would be awesome. :vasal:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I don’t believe we have any current members with vasas :(

They are absolutely beautiful and amazing looking birds!!

You might have some luck finding some personal experiences if you try the search function (top right) - I’ll try to remember to come back after I do a few home chores and see if I can locate some of the threads for you.

@expressmailtome might be able to point you in the direction of a breeder but I’m not certain of that

KotaSeitz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dakota seitz
I think I’ve read through most of them already haha. I’m a bit obsessed. Every night before bed I try and google vasa breeders to see if anything new comes up. But either way these threads are interesting too. It’s building up my knowledge for when I do find me a vasa. Thank you for looking for me though. I appreciate that.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They are really cool birds but I think pretty hard to find. We've had a couple members that I can think of that had Vasas but they aren't currently active.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! Unfortunately, there are not many of this species left in the US, and there are even fewer breeders. From what I know, most are holding back the babies for breeding. If anyone knows of someone selling them as pets in the US it would be Terry Timberlake ( http://terrytimberlake.com/ ).

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know jc aviary breeds vases though I haven’t seen any babies recently, but feel free to contact them to ask or be put on the update list

KotaSeitz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dakota seitz
I know jc aviary breeds vases though I haven’t seen any babies recently, but feel free to contact them to ask or be put on the update list
I’ve put in my spot in the waiting list for JC aviary. They told me that haven’t been breeding for them but they are hoping to have some luck this year. Thank you for the info though! Let me know if you see any pop up anywhere else.

KotaSeitz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dakota seitz
Welcome! Unfortunately, there are not many of this species left in the US, and there are even fewer breeders. From what I know, most are holding back the babies for breeding. If anyone knows of someone selling them as pets in the US it would be Terry Timberlake ( http://terrytimberlake.com/ ).
Yeah that seems to be what I’m finding out. Lots of people trying to breed these birds with no success recently. That’s probably gunna drive prices way up too. I will try out this link though. Thanks so much!

KotaSeitz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dakota seitz
I will keep you guys updated if I hear back from any of these breeders. I’m currently on 3 different waiting lists of people who say they are trying to breed them. I think it’s only a matter of time. Hopefully these birds become more popular. I think their demeanor and personalities far make up for their dull plumage and strange physical transformations.