• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for experienced lovebird owners for rehoming in TX

KyrieG

Checking out the neighborhood
This is for Texaa residents or anyone willing to travel.
Cricket is a peach faced lovebird female. She is fine with human interaction however getting her to leave anything she determines as a nest is difficult. She reallyneeds a place with more lovebirds like herself. She is NOT an apartment bird nor is she a bird to be left in a cage. I'm looking for an experienced lovebird owner to take care of her and give her the appropriate amount of love and attention she needs. I would prefer if anyone takes her has a outdoor aviary built but it's not required.
There is a rehoming fee, I do require proof that you own one or more lovebirds or have owned more previously, also a home visit is a must. I love her very much and the only reason she is being rehomed is for her happiness.
Only serious replies please. 20200113_215503.jpg 20191016_195554.jpg

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Cricket is beautiful! I'm actually considering getting another lovebird to join the flock in my aviary....But what do you mean she is only being rehomed for her happiness? Is she currently unhappy? Anyways, I hope that you find the perfect person for her! :)

p.s. How old is she?

KyrieG

Cricket is beautiful! I'm actually considering getting another lovebird to join the flock in my aviary....But what do you mean she is only being rehomed for her happiness? Is she currently unhappy? Anyways, I hope that you find the perfect person for her! :)

p.s. How old is she?
She is about 2 years old (3 in October). Yes, she seems unhappy as we are currently in an apartment and she acts more like she'd rather live in her nest (whatever she decides that may be for the day) than come out and be a member of the flock. She seems more like she wants either a mate or a companion. We do have two other birds but they don't get along with her (as much as we've tried, but they also aren't lovebirds) so that may add to the loneliness. She does enjoy being handled, but only up to a certain point, after which she flies back and returns to her "nest" spot. Usually it's the bottom corner of her cage.
I think an aviary would be perfect with other lovebirds. Also you are welcome to meet her if you want.

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
You may want to mention where you are at in Texas, as Texas is a very large state.

KyrieG

This is for Texaa residents or anyone willing to travel.
Cricket is a peach faced lovebird female. She is fine with human interaction however getting her to leave anything she determines as a nest is difficult. She reallyneeds a place with more lovebirds like herself. She is NOT an apartment bird nor is she a bird to be left in a cage. I'm looking for an experienced lovebird owner to take care of her and give her the appropriate amount of love and attention she needs. I would prefer if anyone takes her has a outdoor aviary built but it's not required.
There is a rehoming fee, I do require proof that you own one or more lovebirds or have owned more previously, also a home visit is a must. I love her very much and the only reason she is being rehomed is for her happiness.
Only serious replies please. View attachment 383111 View attachment 383112
This is in Corpus Christi, TX.