• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for a Senegal or a Meyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily’s mom

Meeting neighbors
Hi everyone! I’m a mom to my rescue Senegal Lily. I also had a rescue Meyers parrot Tuki who had passed several month s ago and left a big hole in my heart. I still cry thinking of him.
Anyway, I’d really love to get another bird for myself and to keep Lily company when I’m not around. I would love another Senegal or Meyers, ideally socialized and on the younger side. I can’t bear to lose another bird anytime soon.
I have not had much luck with the local rescues and don’t have $1500 for a Senegal baby from a breeder. So I thought maybe someone is looking to rehome their bird. Thank you!

Lily’s mom

Meeting neighbors
I should also add that any medium sized bird that’s relatively quiet and socialized would be a perfect fit. I’m just most familiar with Poi.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Welcome aboard! What area do you live in?

Lily’s mom

Meeting neighbors
Thank you. I’m in Northern California but I can drive quite a bit too.

Lily’s mom

Meeting neighbors
Getting pretty discouraged. Yet another bird I was trying to adopt has been adopted to someone else who inquired first.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Getting pretty discouraged. Yet another bird I was trying to adopt has been adopted to someone else who inquired first.
I'm so sorry! I know that must have been very dissapointing. But I truley believe that things happen for a reason and that perfect bird for you will come into your life at the perfect time. It will happen :hug8:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry you're having a tough time finding a bird. Have you looked on petfinder?

Lily’s mom

Meeting neighbors
So sorry you're having a tough time finding a bird. Have you looked on petfinder?
Thank you. Yes I looked at petfinder (all states), on Craigslist, on Nextdoor, and posted wanted ads. I found a bird at a rescue in San Diego but they want me to do at least two visits with the bird and I don’t think I can take time time off from work for two trips across the state (I’m in Northern California). And of course, twice the airfare and hotel is $$$.

Lily’s mom

Meeting neighbors
New development in the saga: someone off craigslist replied to my ad and said they have a young healthy Senegal boy they want to rehome because he doesn’t like men (and the owner is male). Fingers crossed!!!! Gonna try and meet them this weekend.

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
@Lily’s mom - it the birds were being listed by PEAC I wouldn’t bother. They are the type of rescue that doesn’t believe their birds should go to anyone. It’s been 1.5y and the CAG they have is still there which tells me a lot about how often birds are adopted out. I also believe their Sennie has been there a few years. :(

Lily’s mom

Meeting neighbors
@Lily’s mom - it the birds were being listed by PEAC I wouldn’t bother. They are the type of rescue that doesn’t believe their birds should go to anyone. It’s been 1.5y and the CAG they have is still there which tells me a lot about how often birds are adopted out. I also believe their Sennie has been there a few years. :(
Yeah it’s PEAC :(
In other news I’m gonna visit a relatively local Senegal - the owner wants to rehome. Fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.