• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for a new lovebird parent for Mango the tenacious lovebird!

Nomi

Sitting on the front steps
Hi there!

I am looking to find a new home for one of my lovebirds - Mango. She is a 4 years old energetic, determined, smart and tenacious girl!
She does not like being touched. She is semi tame? She will fly onto me when she is curious about something I am doing, or if I have something she wants. Anytime I have a cereal box in my hand, or if I have a paper bag in my hand, she loves that and she will fly on over to my shoulder and try to get inside the cereal box or paper bag. She will fly onto my hand as well if I have some spray millet or a toy she wants, and she flies onto my head at times as well to nibble at my hair, especially after I have showered and my hair is wet. She loves to find a place to nest, and she can very easily be entertained by giving her boxes and pieces of paper where she will build a nest. Although she is energetic, she doesn't actually require much supervising time because she is determined to do her own thing! I never fear that Mango will get herself into a tricky situation because she's very sharp and smart. My other lovebirds Pants however I would be more concerned since she's not as sharp as Mango.
Mango is overall very fun to watch - and I will miss her when she finds her next home.

The reason why I am looking for a new home for Mango is mainly due to the noise level and my work situation.
Mango was originally bonded with Pants, my other lovebird. I adopted the two of them as bonded female lovebirds. About a year ago, they suddenly unbonded, and they literally would try to kill each other when they were both out of their cage at the same time. I have had some close calls due to this. Since then, I only let one bird out at a time and they live in separate cages. However, due to them unbonding, they've become incredibly loud because when one bird is out, the other one wants to go out and they just keep chirping and feeding off each other with their chirps. Due to my working situation (I work from home in a 1 bedroom apartment sandwiched between 2 other units), the noise has become disruptive. I cannot work as effectively at home due to meetings I take during the day. I don't like keeping the birds caged all day - I let them fly around all the time when I am home, but due to this they're constantly chirping at each other.

Mango is the type of bird that wants to be out as much as she can, so her ideal cared situation is to be in a large aviary, or to be cared for by someone who isn't wanting affection/love from her, but enjoys watching her fly around and work hard and see her personality through watching her because she sure is filled with it! Her determination / hard work / and fearlessness is absolutely amazing to watch. Anyone who is a hard worker will appreciate this trait in Mango, because when Mango and Pants were bonded and laid eggs together, Mango literally did ALL the work when building the nest. She is a classic 'worker bee'.
Mango is NOT a vicious girl. I mean that she's not the type that will fly over to you deliberately just to bite you. She will only bite to defend herself or what she is working on, so in my eyes, that's very reasonable. She's not spiteful by any means!

I live in the lower mainland area of British Columbia (Vancouver). If interested, please let me know!

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's beautiful! I wish you the best of luck in finding a wonderful home for her. I understand all too well the pain of having to rehome due to noise issues. You have my sympathies.

Nomi

Sitting on the front steps
She's beautiful! I wish you the best of luck in finding a wonderful home for her. I understand all too well the pain of having to rehome due to noise issues. You have my sympathies.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate it a lot.
It saddens me that it has come down to this :'(. However c'est la vie - such as all things in life! We do our best! :D