• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for a Macaw

Macaw

• For sale

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • For adoption

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

Chriatian

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Caiden Sta. Maria
Screenshot_20190329_095913.JPG Hi! Im new here and looking for a Macaw (Hyacinth, Blue and Gold and Scralet Macaw) to be sent in the Philippines if possible. Thanks! Please respect.

Chriatian

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Caiden Sta. Maria
Macaw for sale with complete papers. CITES ETC. To be shipped in the Philippines.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
This is not a classified ad site for bird brokers looking to buy birds. If that's what you're doing, please go away. Explain your motivation.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Welcome to the site, Christian. Have you checked out your local bird shelters and online ad sites like Craigslist?

harpersmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ania
This site isn’t meant for people to come up to buy birds. If your looking for that kinda stuff it’s not on here so please go if your gonna do that stuff.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! I am not sure of any breeders in the Philippines, however I do not believe that there are many North American breeders that ship macaws overseas.

Welcome to the site, Christian. Have you checked out your local bird shelters and online ad sites like Craigslist?
It is possible that there are not rescues in the Philippines that keep large parrots, but it is a good suggestion.

This is not a classified ad site for bird brokers looking to buy birds. If that's what you're doing, please go away. Explain your motivation.
Why do you think that this is a broker? The member is looking for a singular macaw, so they could very well be looking for a pet of a species that is rare in their country.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I don't believe that the USA allows any wild birds or exotic birds to be exported. This is part of the ESA laws. I do know for a fact, that, with exceptions for zoos and educational programs, no exotic birds can be imported into the USA.

@expressmailtome
I too am suspicious of this poster. In the first post he wants to buy a macaw and in the second he is selling one "with CITES" which you cannot get for America for a casual sales. Only those birds that approved by the international committee on CITES can be imported and then only for a zoo or educational/conservation purposes.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I don't believe that the USA allows any wild birds or exotic birds to be exported. This is part of the ESA laws. I do know for a fact, that, with exceptions for zoos and educational programs, no exotic birds can be imported into the USA.

@expressmailtome
I too am suspicious of this poster. In the first post he wants to buy a macaw and in the second he is selling one "with CITES" which you cannot get for America for a casual sales. Only those birds that approved by the international committee on CITES can be imported and then only for a zoo or educational/conservation purposes.
I read the second post as he/she is looking for a macaw for sale with CITES papers as the next sentence says that the bird is to be shipped to the Philippines. Just something else to keep in mind is that English is not the primary language in that country.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Still sounds to me like he is selling one in the second post after reading several times.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Welcome! I am not sure of any breeders in the Philippines, however I do not believe that there are many North American breeders that ship macaws overseas.

It is possible that there are not rescues in the Philippines that keep large parrots, but it is a good suggestion.
It isn't always that easy to find rescues here in the States and in many countries there either aren't any or the birds are turned over to zoos or wildlife sanctuaries. If anything, I'd say most North American breeders might import a bird to the U.S. to keep clean bloodlines for breeding. With the world-wide restrictions that are in place to prevent the illegal trade in parrots I don't believe it will be easy to find a breeder who ships overseas.

If you DO find someone online in the U.S. who promises cheap prices and guaranteed shipping to anywhere in the world with paperwork it is probably a scam and you will lose your money. At this time in the U.S. certain species of parrots need special paperwork to cross state lines or are not even allowed to unless it is for zoos or breeding programs. And any parrot being sold or bought should have a leg band on them otherwise they're not legit.

Good luck with your search.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
This site isn’t meant for people to come up to buy birds. If your looking for that kinda stuff it’s not on here so please go if your gonna do that stuff.

People re home birds all the time on this site, as they do on other parrot sites.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Still sounds to me like he is selling one in the second post after reading several times.
He wants the bird that he buys to be shipped to the Philippines, where he undoubtedly... LIVES.